Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

jackasses on the train, or one reason i ride

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

jackasses on the train, or one reason i ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-06, 05:16 PM
hyperRevue
King Among Runaways

Bikes: 2004 Bianchi Pista, Cannondale Track, Soma Pake, Schwinn Breeze

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The **** that can happen on a subway train that the occupants will ignore is pretty damn frightening.
Old 07-05-06, 05:24 PM
EnLaCalle
Radio Bemba 00.0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEARPAW!!!
oh man, this is my #1 pet peeve. it's like 'look, my balls are so huge i cant close my legs.'
i cant stand these f&cks who think everywhere they go is their living room.
next time i see that i'm gonna offer the guy an ottoman.
Agreed. This is also probably the #1 thing that ENRAGES me. And I never know what to do about it. Also, people being so oblivious to their surroundings that they're like holding a newspaper or their limb or whatever about two inches away from my face and don't even know. like they don't understand that there are other people on the train with them. the WORST.

Also, people seriously need to stop being so fat. It's gratuitious.

Thirdly, you shouldn't discriminate against women, like that Bearpaw. It's just not cool.
Old 07-05-06, 05:32 PM
M3ta7h3ad

Bikes: Apollo CX10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wangster
can't stand the ones that aren't fat but have to have their legs wide open so you can sit there anyways... I think it makes them feel like tough guys taking a up a seat they don't need.
Its actually probably the only comfortable way they can sit on the train.

Fat thighs pushed together for a length of time is just like an armpit. Sweat forms.. meaning when they get off it'll either look like they peed themselves, or they'll walk about 5 ft and suffer incredibly painful chafing.

I know... I used to get it. Thankfully im doing something about it though
Old 07-05-06, 06:09 PM
Jose R
downtube shifter

Bikes: Custom DeanUSA El Diente CTI, Rich Adams Track, Johnny Coast Fixed, Argon18 Gallium Pro

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wangster
The train makes people crazy.
Scenario #1:

An older woman (seemingly homeless) walks down the aisle in a subway car, stops, turns and out of nowhere spits at a professional looking young woman reading a book. And I mean a nasty piece of phlegm.

If you are that young woman, what do you do?

a) hit back at the old woman

b) call a cop (if one is available) and have the old woman arrested for assault

c) sit there and cry

Originally Posted by timmhaan
i can't stand the people that take up more than one seat. ... and if it's not the giant people, it's the people with bags. sometimes if i'm in a pissy mood, i make them move their stuff. i often have fantasy of karate chopping their faces.
Scenario # 2:

I get on the 7 train at GC with my track bike and bag full of my track junk. I cannot, but take two seats (because I am not standing all the way to Main St). So, what do you do?

a) give me the evil eye for taking up two seats

b) mumble "hip*" under your breath

c) tell me how pretty my bike is and how much you like to ride your bike too, and how we should be friends because, well, we both ride bikes

So, what are you going to do?

Yell at the old woman for not behaving as a grown-up?

Give me a karate chop for taking up two seats?
Old 07-05-06, 07:00 PM
hyperRevue
King Among Runaways

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Personally, I would b*tch the f*ck out of the old women and tell you how pretty your bike was.

Reminded me of a story.
When I was younger I think I just learned how to spit so I was constantly spitting on my older brother. He got pissed off and went into the bathroom and started brushing his teeth then proceeded to spit a huge mouthful of phleghmy, frothy spit directly into my mouth.
I sure as hell never spit on anyone ever again.

So, I amend my answer. I'd hock the biggest, greenest ****ing loogie right into her mouth.
Old 07-05-06, 08:30 PM
mplsminx
domestic goddess

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEARPAW!!!
next time i see that i'm gonna offer the guy an ottoman.
you might want to use the word "footstool", as "ottoman" may just confuse him.
Old 07-05-06, 09:01 PM
GirlAnachronism
Bulldozer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what about the s*it on the train you can't ignore? a few months ago a friend and i got caught on our bikes up in harlem in the middle of a huge thunder storm and after almost getting blown over by the wind a couple of times decided to take the train back downtown rather than braving the west side highway.

pretty close to home this a-hole starts mumbling about whether i'm a guy or a girl blah blah blah. i had my bike, baggy shorts, baseball hat (did he want me to wear a skirt or something?) he kept raising his voice, obviously speaking loud enough for me to hear and everyone else was just kind of uncomfortably staring at me.

as i got off the train we exchanged insults, which peaked with him telling me he was going to f*ck me so that i would learn what 'feminity' is. he told me i looked like a boy, i told him he looked like a fat piece of s*it. stupid subway.
Old 07-05-06, 09:11 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by GirlAnachronism
what about the s*it on the train you can't ignore? a few months ago a friend and i got caught on our bikes up in harlem in the middle of a huge thunder storm and after almost getting blown over by the wind a couple of times decided to take the train back downtown rather than braving the west side highway.

pretty close to home this a-hole starts mumbling about whether i'm a guy or a girl blah blah blah. i had my bike, baggy shorts, baseball hat (did he want me to wear a skirt or something?) he kept raising his voice, obviously speaking loud enough for me to hear and everyone else was just kind of uncomfortably staring at me.

as i got off the train we exchanged insults, which peaked with him telling me he was going to f*ck me so that i would learn what 'feminity' is. he told me i looked like a boy, i told him he looked like a fat piece of s*it. stupid subway.
that is ****ing scary.
Old 07-06-06, 07:48 AM
BEARPAW!!!
sh!thead on dynamite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GirlAnachronism

god damn, that is f*ed up.
Old 07-06-06, 08:27 AM
eddiebrannan

Bikes: DW

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'm wondering why you feel it necessary to mention the races of the people involved.
Old 07-06-06, 08:31 AM
timmhaan
more ape than man

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
JoseR - if you obviously need to take up two seats because you're lugging a bunch of heavy stuff around, that's different. i was mostly taking issue with those people that have a bag of clothing or a backpack sitting right on the seat next to them. you know, the stuff they could easily put on their lap or on the ground and let someone sit.

as for the first case - i'd probably ignore it actually but be ready to help the girl if anything else happened. it's her option to call a cop if she wanted to. BTW: my GF has been spit on before in the subway. luckly i wasn't there because i'd probably end up going to jail for what i'd do to that guy.
Old 07-06-06, 08:37 AM
sashae
ganbatte!

Bikes: '06 Vanilla touring, '09 Vanilla cx, Zanconato cx, Moots Psychlo-X RSL prototype, Nagasawa track, Kalavinka track, Black Cat 29er, Cannondale Rize 2 26er, Serotta CRL Legend

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Coupla years back I saw a guy in full clown getup passed out flat on his back on a bench on the C, half empty 40oz crooked in his arm and piss running off the bench... doesn't top the time my dad saw a guy come on the train (late 70s) wearing an entire wetsuit -- including mask, flippers, and a tank. No one on the train flinched. The subway is straight weird.
Old 07-06-06, 08:40 AM
BEARPAW!!!
sh!thead on dynamite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eddiebrannan
i'm wondering why you feel it necessary to mention the races of the people involved.
if yr referring to my original post, i was merely describing a scene, nothing more was intended by it.
Old 07-06-06, 08:49 AM
MasterHalco

Bikes: Van Dessel CRB, IRO Angus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On the B Line in Boston I had some drunk, college piece of s--t vomit on me. Yup he puked everywhere, including on me. The train cleared out at the next stop as people fled from that acrid nose-burning stench. I threw out my clothes and brought my old bike out of the basement. That's when I started riding.
Old 07-06-06, 08:50 AM
hyperRevue
King Among Runaways

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haha, oh man.
One night on the B Line some creepy ass piece of **** kept licking his hand and touching people with it.
I got my ass off that train asap.
Old 07-06-06, 09:05 AM
BadAssBiker
Not Badass, it's Tim.

Bikes: NJS Peloton, 2002 fuji track, 2002 fuji league (MIA), 2005 bianchi pista, Chopper from NoName Customs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last night it was power saws.
Old 07-06-06, 09:06 AM
hyperRevue
King Among Runaways

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let's see how many typos we can get in one ****ing online article.
Old 07-06-06, 09:13 AM
ZachS
\||||||/

Bikes: highly modified specialized crossroads and GT hybrid (really a [formerly] 12-speed bmx cruiser, made before 'hybrid' took on its current meaning), as yet unmodified redline 925, couple of other projects

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you guys would rather live in tokyo or some **** like that?
Old 07-06-06, 09:16 AM
shishi

Bikes: Sparton(custon track), Fuji

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jose R, you gonna get a ticket you two seat hogger
Old 07-06-06, 09:19 AM
No_Minkah
YOU ARE NOW TUNED IN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you can't edit everything, hyper. Stick to your local free weekly.
Old 07-06-06, 09:31 AM
hyperRevue
King Among Runaways

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by No_Minkah
you can't edit everything, hyper. Stick to your local free weekly.
::shakes fist in air::
Old 07-06-06, 02:17 PM
ZachS
\||||||/

Bikes: highly modified specialized crossroads and GT hybrid (really a [formerly] 12-speed bmx cruiser, made before 'hybrid' took on its current meaning), as yet unmodified redline 925, couple of other projects

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Associated Press

Subway Rider Sliced in Power Saw Attack

NEW YORK

A man grabbed two cordless power saws off a subway station workbench and went on a rampage Thursday, swinging the saws at riders and slicing open a man's chest before running away, police said.

The 64-year-old victim, whose name was not released, was hospitalized in critical but stable condition. Police were searching for the suspect, described by witnesses as a thin man in his 30s, who had earrings in both ears and was possibly carrying a teddy bear.

The attack occurred before dawn at a subway station a few blocks south of Columbia University.

Wielding a saw in each hand, the man took a swipe at one rider on a platform and missed, police said. Moments later, he cut into the man's chest at a turnstile before bolting out of the station, still carrying the power tools, which were later found in a trash can.

Police were reviewing security camera videotape.

The attack came two weeks after a Boston man was charged with stabbing four people _ three of them tourists _ over a 13-hour period in the subway and the theater district in Manhattan.
https://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/06/D8IMK8H00.html

have fun!
Old 07-06-06, 02:23 PM
hyperRevue
King Among Runaways

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Already posted.
Old 07-06-06, 02:35 PM
mattsimbols
slow rollin sucker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i ride the train maybe two or three times a month and admit that it ****in blows...but you know what i like, subway musicians...the mariachis that rock out some tejano soul, or the trumpeteer that busts out some big band, or the cornershop motown acapella guys, even the bucketdrummers can be impressive at times...that isht makes me smile on the subway
Old 07-06-06, 02:38 PM
BEARPAW!!!
sh!thead on dynamite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattsimbols
i ride the train maybe two or three times a month and admit that it ****in blows...but you know what i like, subway musicians...the mariachis that rock out some tejano soul, or the trumpeteer that busts out some big band, or the cornershop motown acapella guys, even the bucketdrummers can be impressive at times...that isht makes me smile on the subway
yeh, there are these 2 kids that play violin that are pretty badass, and another group of kids that break & pretty much do this sick gymnastics looking sh*t that totally blows my mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.