Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

you guys are all posers

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

you guys are all posers

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 04:15 PM
AdelaaR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
You guys do know what LSD stands for in training plans, right?
Old 08-22-13, 04:17 PM
AdelaaR

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Arizona and Florida are beautiful states, it's the vast majority of people that live there that are the problem.
This is also true for the rest of planet Earth.
Old 08-22-13, 04:22 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AdelaaR
This is also true for the rest of planet Earth.

Agree 500%

Old 08-22-13, 04:26 PM
gc3
Falls Downalot

Bikes: Now I Got Two

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AdelaaR
You guys do know what LSD stands for in training plans, right?
take your pick...I'm partial to "Lone Star Draft"...

https://www.acronymfinder.com/LSD.html
Old 08-22-13, 04:30 PM
I <3 Robots

Bikes: Cervelo S2, Workswell 062, Banshee Spitfire

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
LSD to me always meant limited slip differential.
Old 08-22-13, 04:39 PM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
I wear lycra and the only body armor is my skull.
Fify.

This might explain road conditions in some areas.
Old 08-22-13, 06:04 PM
sleepy

Bikes: All have flats.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Shrooms in nature, LSD in civilization.
It's an impure, chemical feeling that blends well in the urban landscape.
Old 08-22-13, 06:20 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Arizona and Florida are beautiful states, it's the vast majority of people that live there that are the problem.
¿Qué?

Demain, on roule!
Old 08-22-13, 06:31 PM
halfspeed

Bikes: are better than yours.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sleepy
I have a fan!
That was epic.
So... Shilling is okay for you?
How is complimenting a guy on his CAAD8 trolling or hypocritical, though? I own a CAAD10.
Love it.
And Arizona is the puckered starfish to Florida's wang.
Start rubbing pumice on your skin.
Bless you.
But it's a good in the hood.
Seriously, man up, start trolling his page/youtbe vid. Get all Hard Man and what-not.
Sorry, you don't qualify for that bike.
Old 08-22-13, 07:09 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sleepy
Shrooms in nature, LSD in civilization.
It's an impure, chemical feeling that blends well in the urban landscape.
From my experiences, they were pretty close to one another. Shrooms were more expensive and made you feel bloated, lsd makes your mouth taste like metal. Both were enlightening and spiritual. Would recommend.

Originally Posted by revchuck
¿Qué?
Yikes, I guess what I said could be taken out of context. My problem is with the ignorant idiots that wouldn't even know what "que" meant and would just say "speak 'merican, garshdammit!"

Old 08-22-13, 09:21 PM
sleepy

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by halfspeed
Sorry, you don't qualify for that bike.
lulz
Old 08-23-13, 06:19 AM
PiLigand
Climbing: Ropes or Wheels

Bikes: 2012 Scott Foil 30, Homebrew Windsor Fens Build, 2015 Fuji Touring, 1980 Univega

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This is my favorite thread. fwiw
Old 08-23-13, 06:34 AM
banerjek
Portland Fred

Bikes: Custom Winter, Challenge Seiran SL, Fuji Team Pro, Cattrike Road/Velokit, РOS hybrid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by PiLigand
This is my favorite thread. fwiw
Stick around for awhile -- we can and do do better.

I just said doo doo....
Old 08-23-13, 07:39 AM
snookanglr
padawan

Bikes: Felt Breed 30, Bianchi Intenso, Trek Madone, Cannondale Synapse, Giant Anthem

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
This guy is obviously a few spokes short of a full wheel. I'm glad most of us aren't taking him seriously.
Old 08-23-13, 07:44 AM
RaleighSport
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by snookanglr
This guy is obviously a few spokes short of a full wheel. I'm glad most of us aren't taking him seriously.
But he's srs.. he makes me think of this guy but gone wrong! (NSFW)
Old 08-24-13, 02:08 AM
Nihilum

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 7 Sora

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This guy is an idiot. Plain and simple. Though I'd love to see him try to do 100 miles here in Florida in July-August in full body armor, carrying 25 Kg of gear. 90-105 degrees with 90-95% humidity...he collapse from heat stroke within a few miles.
Old 08-24-13, 02:16 AM
krobinson103

Bikes: Nothing amazing... cheap old 21 speed mtb

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Full helmet and body armor? Why? Its not a motorcycle. I rode 200km today. I did climb about 40% of it, I did stop for food, I do wear cycling clothes, and I did buy refreshments. I must be a semi poser.
Old 08-24-13, 02:48 AM
Nihilum

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse 7 Sora

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im a poser.../sadface. I live in Florida where there are no hills, except bridges, and full body armor with a full faced helmet will really only protect you from the impact caused by you going down due to heat stroke.

By the way...the average soldier's combat pack only weighs 60 pounds. WTF is he carrying?

I bet he rides 100 miles round trip every day...uphill...both ways....in the snow.

Edit: @RaleighSport NICE! lol

Last edited by Nihilum; 08-24-13 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-29-13, 05:42 PM
dangerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ok so this guy is an idiot but at least he takes his safety gear seriously. He seemed to be friendly enough riding with the guys on road bikes in the photos and come on, lets face it, his website provided all of us with plenty of entertainment! Also after watching the traffic in Japan I'm not so sure that full body armor and a motorcycle helmet is a bad idea - though he should discover bottle mounts, one day the bungy cords are going to come loose and tie up his wheels while he is passing posers at 40 mph and he is gonna need all that armor. Plus who can't love a guy who can rebuild your bike on the road while he administers an IV to you cause you are dehydrated?!?
Old 09-03-13, 04:33 PM
old sch wheeler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You're forgetting the loose and the bent spokes. This was a funny thread - really funny. That guy was probably a high functioning schizophrenic or a bi-polar of some sort. Just guessing tho.

And, for the roadies, so many in skin-tight rolling billbords/ballerina suits, I don't get them either. I can't imagine someone showing up for a pick-up basketball game dressed up like Micheal Jordan or Dennis Rodman, or a round of w/e golf trying to look like Tiger Woods. There is something that says "poser" when riders sport jerseys emblazoned with Mavic, Look, Campagnolo, etc. (not calling anyone a poser ..I'm just saying!)

I've ridden 10's of thousands of road miles, for local fitness, and cross country (fully loaded), and never felt the need to wear professional advertising. No offense to roadies that need that kind of stuff, but I've found a pair of plain black thinly padded bike shorts and a soft cotton tee shirt do very well. Pockets on the back of a plain looking jersey for a long century ride can be handy too -- nice to put bananas and candy bars in, or a bag o chips. But for tune up rides or a regular workout ride, a small seat bag or a stem bag can carry your wallet and keys and assorted fixer-upper stuff including a CO2 kit - with room for spare sunscreen, irons, patch kit, batteries, etc.. Another Velcro wallet on the bars also does the job for ubiquitous cell phones.

So why all the fuss? Real bike pros advertise for the cash incentive, rec riders of all varieties don't get paid for it. Wearing that sort of thing just screams "look at me," and it certainly implies some sort of cycling elitism. Thirty + years of decent riding practice (yeah I'm old too..!) tells me what to look for to figure out if someone is any good. And if someone can't figure out somebody's skill level on sight based on riding poise and technique, then they more than likely are wearing one of those rolling billboard jerseys anyway. Just my two cents. No offense meant to anyone. ..Well maybe to that idiot who thinks he's a high level cyclist on a mission.
Old 09-03-13, 06:30 PM
krusty
Successful alcoholic

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by old sch wheeler
I've ridden 10's of thousands of road miles, for local fitness, and cross country (fully loaded), and never felt the need to wear professional advertising. No offense to roadies that need that kind of stuff, but I've found a pair of plain black thinly padded bike shorts and a soft cotton tee shirt do very well. Pockets on the back of a plain looking jersey for a long century ride can be handy too -- nice to put bananas and candy bars in, or a bag o chips. But for tune up rides or a regular workout ride, a small seat bag or a stem bag can carry your wallet and keys and assorted fixer-upper stuff including a CO2 kit - with room for spare sunscreen, irons, patch kit, batteries, etc.. Another Velcro wallet on the bars also does the job for ubiquitous cell phones.
Try some cutoff cargo pants. Stuff 'em full of crap you really don't need. No personal offense intended.
Old 09-03-13, 07:39 PM
halfspeed

Bikes: are better than yours.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
You're forgetting the loose and the bent spokes. This was a funny thread - really funny. That guy was probably a high functioning schizophrenic or a bi-polar of some sort. Just guessing tho.

And, for the roadies, so many in skin-tight rolling billbords/ballerina suits, I don't get them either. I can't imagine someone showing up for a pick-up basketball game dressed up like Micheal Jordan or Dennis Rodman, or a round of w/e golf trying to look like Tiger Woods. There is something that says "poser" when riders sport jerseys emblazoned with Mavic, Look, Campagnolo, etc. (not calling anyone a poser ..I'm just saying!)

So why all the fuss? Real bike pros advertise for the cash incentive, rec riders of all varieties don't get paid for it. Wearing that sort of thing just screams "look at me," and it certainly implies some sort of cycling elitism. Thirty + years of decent riding practice (yeah I'm old too..!) tells me what to look for to figure out if someone is any good. And if someone can't figure out somebody's skill level on sight based on riding poise and technique, then they more than likely are wearing one of those rolling billboard jerseys anyway. Just my two cents. No offense meant to anyone. ..Well maybe to that idiot who thinks he's a high level cyclist on a mission.
Sorry, saying that doesn't give you a free pass to be offensive.
Old 09-03-13, 09:14 PM
rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13720 Post(s)
Liked 4,533 Times in 2,509 Posts
Originally Posted by halfspeed
Sorry, saying that doesn't give you a free pass to be offensive.
I think he's on a mission.
Old 09-03-13, 09:36 PM
sleepy

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Only a poser would get offended.
Old 09-03-13, 10:31 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
You've never seen kids playing basketball on the street wearing a Bulls jersey? Really?

You've never seen a person wearing Nike on the golf course? Really?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.