Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Question on Price of my bike

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-22, 05:29 PM
Meepers
ECR

Bikes: Bianchi Pista/Fuji Nevada/Windsor Clockwork

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So I haven’t posted here in years…. So I guess my privileges to post in the for sale section are disabled. But I’m not currently trying to sell my bike. Just getting and idea of what is worth these days and if I want to sell it. It’s a blue 56cm Bianci Pista with red Weinmann deep V’s and a few other upgrades components that I can’t remember off hand. I bought it new around 2010 or so. I know I paid like $170-$200 for the rims at the time, but I’m more concerned with the frame and if it’s worth anything anymore. It’s in great shape and hasn’t been ridden in years. About 5 years ago I got really serious about running, and put in as many miles as I could…. We’ll until a couple of months ago when I hurt my ankle that seems to not want to fully heal up. I can grab some photos later after this mini me gets a bath and calms down. Tried to run down stairs…. But my shadow was on my tail instead of heating her dinner.
Old 02-15-22, 05:52 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18378 Post(s)
Liked 4,512 Times in 3,354 Posts
Fixed Gears and Classic/Retro fixed gears are a unique niche.

Here is the 2010 and 2011 Bianchi Pista on Bicycle Bluebook.
https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/valu...product/20197/
https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/valu...oduct/3038649/

They aren't particularly kind on the pricing, $100 to $200. That seems low to me.

It isn't supposed to be a very expensive bike new. Perhaps a little under $1000.

We are in a unique bubble of bike prices, but that may be going away quickly too. However, there have been issues with the availability of new bikes.

Assuming it is in good shape, good paint, tuned, lubed, and ready to ride, I'd probably ask around $450, and consider offers down in the $300 range.
Likes For CliffordK:
Old 02-15-22, 06:00 PM
Meepers
ECR

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Fixed Gears and Classic/Retro fixed gears are a unique niche.

Assuming it is in good shape, good paint, tuned, lubed, and ready to ride, I'd probably ask around $450, and consider offers down in the $300 range.
thank you very much for the link and price range. That’s about what I thought it would go for these days. For that price, I will keep it. I’ve got far more into it than that. I will ride it, but I was looking into getting a geared gravel bike for commuting to work once our new facility is finished. There are a few trail short cuts I can take that will be quicker than driving past a school.
Old 02-16-22, 07:57 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Most of the prices I see on bicyclebluebook.com are laughable. Definitely favor the buyer.
Old 02-16-22, 10:41 AM
seau grateau

Bikes: Litespeed Catalyst, IRO Rob Roy, All City Big Block

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 398 Times in 194 Posts
Depends very much on your local market as well. I wouldn't imagine there's a huge cycling scene in Scranton, but not far away in Philly, it'd probably sell easier and for a higher price. Either way, though, most of the boom around fixed gears has died off in favor of gravel bikes now, so it's a niche market.
Old 02-16-22, 01:23 PM
Meepers
ECR

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by seau grateau
Depends very much on your local market as well. I wouldn't imagine there's a huge cycling scene in Scranton, but not far away in Philly, it'd probably sell easier and for a higher price. Either way, though, most of the boom around fixed gears has died off in favor of gravel bikes now, so it's a niche market.

the bike scene in Scranton dies out over 10 years ago. I kind of stumbled upon got. I actually got a fixed gear because i wanted a good work out. Then I found the popularity around them back at the time. And I like to mod things…. So I began buying parts and doing some rides. If I did sell it, I would definitely pay it in the Allentown and Philly Craig’s list. But i still think I will only get about 300-400$ for it, and I have at least a grand into the bike. So I’ll just keep it and ride it from time to time.

im looking to get a gravel bike myself. I can take a few short cuts to work that will go through some short trials between home and work. It’s only a few miles, but the car route takes me last a school…. And it’s a left turn into the parking lot…. So traffic can be gnarly in the am. It seems like a great time to take up biking again!
Old 02-17-22, 07:09 PM
stevel610 

Bikes: Novara Safari, CAAD9, WABI Classic, WABI Thunder

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 240 Posts
Let us see a few photos of the bike.

You need to be a paid member to list items for sale.
Old 02-20-22, 07:16 PM
Meepers
ECR

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevel610
Let us see a few photos of the bike.

You need to be a paid member to list items for sale.
I don’t have any photos on my phone. But I used it for some photos recently for a bag review I did from Arch Ind. they are Italian made cycle oriented bags. The tires are flat though.…. Damn pump broke on me as I was using it. https://theperfectpack.com/2022/02/1...-review/?amp=1

mist have changed the group rules over the past few years. I use to post things from time to time in the sale page. But I haven’t been around for a few years.
Likes For Meepers:
Old 02-20-22, 08:14 PM
stevel610 

Bikes: Novara Safari, CAAD9, WABI Classic, WABI Thunder

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 457 Times in 240 Posts
Originally Posted by Meepers
I don’t have any photos on my phone. But I used it for some photos recently for a bag review I did from Arch Ind. they are Italian made cycle oriented bags. The tires are flat though.…. Damn pump broke on me as I was using it. https://theperfectpack.com/2022/02/1...-review/?amp=1

mist have changed the group rules over the past few years. I use to post things from time to time in the sale page. But I haven’t been around for a few years.

👍

Last edited by stevel610; 02-20-22 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-21-22, 03:42 AM
Meepers
ECR

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevel610

👍
i believe you. I’m not listing my bike anyway. And wasn’t going to list it here (no box bigenought to ship). I was just saying years ago, you didn’t have to be a paid member to post in the sale thread.

Last edited by Meepers; 02-21-22 at 12:12 PM.