Old 09-18-22, 11:17 AM
Cyclcist11023131
Banned.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts
Santiago Creek Road

Last Friday I was riding up the Creek trail where it goes under the 22 Freeway. A good number of Homeless were standing in the Trail and raised their hands for me to stop. I saw what happened to Reginald Denny. I took off up the side of the Bridge and around the group. They made no effort to chase me. I felt like I was going to be robbed. I’m a big mean looking Guy, I could imagine what would happen to somebody of less size and surlyness. Be careful and don’t ride alone thru there alone if you can help it. It is filled with junk, bikes, surfboards and trash and broken glass, and a bunch of Trolls.
Old 09-18-22, 02:56 PM
2seven0

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked 235 Times in 101 Posts
I rode it early am starting at the north end at the Collins/Prospect curve and exited at Broadway then south to Santa Clara over to the SART last summer. Did it mainly as a one & done to see if it was worth riding more often. Agree the further south the sketchier the area I wouldn't recommend going past Hart Park at the most. A few junkie bums here & there but not nearly the situation you encountered.
West
Old 09-18-22, 04:45 PM
TakingMyTime

Bikes: Canyon Endurace

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1041 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 541 Posts
I appreciate the heads up. That is an alternate route I would probably have been on now that it's cooling down. We would take the trail north through Hart Park and then to Villa Park and then head towards the beach. I remember there being a bunch of "Junkie" types around the park. Not the usual homeless, but people who looked like they had nothing to lose. Not enough to scare me off but we were keeping our eyes open.
Old 09-21-22, 08:08 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
The river trails seem to be the place for the marginalized. I wonder what would happen when the project to revitalize the Los Angeles River is started or completed. Will the marginalized element still remain? There's a social cost to fix this if we want a social benefit.

Do the organizers to revitalize put this into their ongoing budget?
Old 09-28-22, 03:03 PM
Cyclist009813
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hacked

Whoever this is hacked my account!