Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Specialized Elaston saddles?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-20, 04:13 PM
Lrdchaos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts

Currently searching for a saddle
to replace my toupe. I’ve settled in trying the power or power arc pro saddles. My local spec dealer has the power pro elaston in stock, has anyone tried this saddle?
Old 02-20-20, 05:05 PM
Sojodave

Bikes: The Blurple Specialized Roubaix Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 75 Posts
I had the Power Elaston Pro Saddle. It was super comfy up to about 30 miles. I felt it was too soft after 30 miles. I've had the Power Pro, Power Expert, and the S-Works version. I actually prefer the Expert version with level 2 padding for long rides. Everyone is different when it comes to saddles, but I've done 140 miles on a Power Expert with no problems. I did a 75-mile ride with the Power Elaston and I was sore for days.

Last edited by Sojodave; 02-20-20 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-20-20, 05:08 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts
I have a Specialized Romin on my Cervelo and it fits me comfortably. I thought it wouldn't judging by it's looks.
Old 02-20-20, 05:12 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by Lrdchaos
Currently searching for a saddle to replace my toupe.
Why?

I had a Toupe butt for a while, but after a time they didn't quite stave off the junk numbness like they'd used to and two of them snapped on me (at the point where it's tapering dramatically but before the cut-out ends). I ended up going with a PRO Stealth, a snub-nosed saddle with a large cut-out, much like the Power saddles.
Old 02-20-20, 05:34 PM
illdrag0n

Bikes: 2014 Focus Mares AX 2.0, 2019 Cube Litening C:62 Race Disc Teamline

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 68 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Why?

I had a Toupe butt for a while, but after a time they didn't quite stave off the junk numbness like they'd used to and two of them snapped on me (at the point where it's tapering dramatically but before the cut-out ends). I ended up going with a PRO Stealth, a snub-nosed saddle with a large cut-out, much like the Power saddles.
I'm in the middle. I like the rear of the power - comfortable and good shell flex - but the nose was too narrow.

Went to the Stealth - nice flat nose plaform, but my god that shell is stiff. Really dug into the glutes.

Have since moved to a Bontrager Aeolus. Nice and compliant like the Power with a thick nose like the stealth.
Old 02-20-20, 06:23 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
I find the Elaston a tiny bit more comfortable than the vanilla Power. Not even close to as cush as the Mimic. All with level 2 padding.
Old 02-20-20, 08:08 PM
Lrdchaos

Originally Posted by illdrag0n
I'm in the middle. I like the rear of the power - comfortable and good shell flex - but the nose was too narrow.

Went to the Stealth - nice flat nose plaform, but my god that shell is stiff. Really dug into the glutes.

Have since moved to a Bontrager Aeolus. Nice and compliant like the Power with a thick nose like the stealth.

I’ve been looking at that saddle a lot the last
couple of days. Most reviews are very positive.
Old 02-21-20, 02:59 PM
Lrdchaos

I appreciate the opinions, I went saddle shopping today and picked up a specialized power arc pro, non-elaston version. My spec dealer had a lot of saddles in stock and I was even able to measure my sit bones. I was right around 150, so I pumped up to the 155 saddle over my current 143. I guess time will tell now.
Likes For Lrdchaos: