Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Anyone recently buy a new Lightning?

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-24, 04:51 AM
bowhun2r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi folks,

I'm not on FB so I can't post on the Lightning FB page. Wanted to see if anyone recently purchased a new bike from Tim at Lightning bikes. I currently have a Phantom and my current ride is a P-38 with upgrades. Last June I put in an order for my dream bike an R-84 with upgrades. Throughout the summer Tim kept me up to date on the build. He did mention he had equipment issues as well as employee issues. I was not that concerned since I knew my bike would likely not be built before the end of the riding season where I live.

I've met Tim at a conference and purchased two new bikes (the ones mentioned above) directly from him in the past. However, it's nearly February and my R-84 is not built and the communications with him are not exactly timely. My bike is paid in full and it's a significant amount (at least to me). When I ask how it's progressing I keep getting either the suppliers are behind and the most recent email was a picture of the carbon fiber frame that honestly looked half baked. I want to believe everything is ok... but that voice in my head is starting to push doubts that it may never materialize. In which case I'll have to go through the pain to try and recoup my payment (really do not want to go that route...would rather just have my bike).

Thus my post... has anyone recently within the past 8-10 months purchased a new Lightning bike?

Thanks,
Old 01-30-24, 09:45 AM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
I'm not a Lightning owner, but it looks like the Lightning Owner's Lounge over at BentRiderOnline is somewhat active. No mention there of any problems. BROL is a free sign-up; so you might go there and ask.
Old 01-30-24, 10:16 AM
bowhun2r

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you sir. I'm already a member and should have remembered that forum! On it right now.