Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Fuji FC440 Question

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Fuji FC440 Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-23, 02:08 PM
ArgoMan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Fuji FC440 Question

Hi all. Anyone have any experience with the Fuji FC440? Or with any Fuji carbon framed bikes? I don't see many of them on the road, but from what I read on the internet - which is always 100% truthful and unbiased - Fuji makes nice frames on par with big name manufacturers. Any info will be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-07-23, 02:02 AM
tFUnK

Bikes: Too many bikes, too little time to ride

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 318 Posts
I think the FC440 refers to just the fork. It was used on a a number of different models.

You're right, there's not much written about Fuji bikes online. It's certainly a reputable brand but like Merida it's maybe viewed more as an OEM type manufacturer, at least in the US.

Like all big manufacturers, they offered high end frames (I think they have Pro-Tour level frames still or at least in the recent past) as well as budget-friendly models.

For their hi-mod carbon frames I've seen C4, C7, C10 layups. I think C4 was on their earlier frames and later on C7 was the general purpose carbon and C10 was marketed as their superlight (maybe replaced by C11 at some point). I don't know if higher number means "better" or just newer.

Last edited by tFUnK; 09-07-23 at 02:07 AM.