Old 11-07-20, 05:34 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts
Rock Creek/Beach Drive

I did a 38 mile loop yesterday that connects Rock Creek/Beach Drive/Haines Point/Capital Crescent Trail/Bethesda trolley trail - short writeup here.

In Maryland, Beach Drive is still closed to cars from Garrett Park road to Cedar Lane and the segments that are normally only closed to cars on weekends are now closed to cars all week - nice. All other sections have been reopened since the flooding.

The path at the Zoo that goes around the tunnel is still closed, you have to either take the road through the tunnel or use the narrow pedestrian walkway.

The southern section that turns into a sand filled ditch after flooding has been mostly plowed out - the last hundred feet before the bridge to the cemetery is still a mess. The "plowed" section is narrow - not really wide enough for me to trust bikers coming at me.

Most of the rest rooms on the Beach Drive stretch seemed to be closed but every else they were opened or there were port-a-potties in place.
Old 11-07-20, 01:43 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Been a while since I've ridden on the Rock Creek and Capital Crescent Trail. Am looking forward to coming over next year and riding it again.

Thanks for the updates!