Search
Notices
Northern California Northern California

Mt Tam Loop

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-14, 02:04 PM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
Mt Tam Loop

Heading over to Mt Tam with some friends Saturday, hoping to do a loop starting and finishing in Mill Valley. Most others in the group have done it before, but first time for me, and there's a bit of confusion over the exact route to take (lots of "it's actually really easy to find your way once you're on it, but it's hard to show on a map" type comments). Anyone have/know of a mapped out route?

The plan, as I understand it, is to parallel Francis Drake Blvd through Larkspur, take a left on Bolinas, and follow the road from there up to the summit, loop around to the state park, and descend back into Mill Valley from the west. Sound about right?
Old 09-17-14, 10:02 PM
yochris 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
It is actually pretty hard to show on the map but pretty easy to follow one you know the way. But yeah you basically parallel Sir Francis Drake on side streets through San Anselmo into Fairfax. Hang a left and start climbing up and past Alpine Dam to the ridge. Pretty well know route and easily findable on Strava. Have fun it's a great ride.
Old 09-21-14, 05:02 AM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
It was a great ride. We did manage to get a little off the road in Ross (who knew there were multiple Bolinas Sts?) but when we started climbing it was easy enough (to find our way) from there. Quite a spectacular ride, I'll definitely be back.