Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Stainless Steel Lowrider Pannier Racks

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-22, 10:56 AM
Catnap 

Bikes: Zunow, 3Rensho, Look KG196

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 468 Times in 187 Posts

I've got a set of Dajia stainless steel lowrider racks for sale. Bought from Velo-Orange in 2010 and used on a couple tours. The dropout mounts were cut down and adapter plates added so that they can be used with a wider range of forks. $40 shipped for the set. Paypal F&F. PM or email skpearson *at* gmail *dot* com

Old 07-01-22, 01:59 PM
Catnap 

still got 'em. too expensive? make me an offer.
Old 07-01-22, 06:24 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,082 Times in 522 Posts
These don't appear to be for forks with a mount hole all the way through, but do they not require a cross bar over the wheel?
Old 07-01-22, 10:40 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
These don't appear to be for forks with a mount hole all the way through, but do they not require a cross bar over the wheel?
I was curious about that, too. If you look up the Axiom Journey front rack, it mounts in a similar way, without the crossbar.
Old 07-01-22, 11:22 PM
Catnap 

Originally Posted by polymorphself
they do not use a cross bar or any extra hardware other than what I’m selling. I was using them on a Surly LHT, then a Crosscheck and later my Zunow. It mounts to the fork eyelet and a mid-fork bolt. The mid fork mount never went all the way through the fork blade though. Just a standard mounting boss.
Old 07-01-22, 11:37 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,082 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by noobinsf
I was curious about that, too. If you look up the Axiom Journey front rack, it mounts in a similar way, without the crossbar.
Interesting.

I wonder what it is this rack has in play that the Blackburn didn’t.
Old 07-02-22, 12:01 PM
Catnap 

Some extra details from Velo-Orange that I was able to turn up via the Wayback Machine (they were sold by VO in 2012)
The Dajia Lowrider rack allows front panniers to be mounted low to improve handling and stability. Constructed of stainless steel tubing with a bead blasted finish. Combined with the Dajia rear rack the lowriders make an economical rack system for long distance touring. The finish and welding are not nearly as nice as on VO racks, but they are sturdy and stable. Being stainless steel they resist corrosion and are stronger than aluminum racks.

These racks fit forks with mid-fork rack bosses, which most touring bikes have. Dajia also includes clamping hardware to fit most forks without mid-fork rack bosses. These racks typically will not sit level, but this is generally only an aesthetic issue - your panniers won't fall off. Not recommended for carbon or aluminum forks. Note, the L and R (left and right) stamp are from the "mechanic's" view, or as if standing in front of the bike.
Photos - Note that I cut off part of the lower tabs on mine, but added those adapter plates for more mounting flexibility. Also, I have the rubber-coated clamping hardware pictured and will include them.