Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

ICAN Wheels

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

ICAN Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-24, 09:46 PM
PromptCritical 

Bikes: Paramount Track Bike, Colnago Super, Santana Tandems (1995 & 2007), Gary Fisher Piranha, Trek Wahoo, Bianchi Track Bike, a couple of Honda mountain bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
ICAN Wheels

I'm looking to upgrade my road bike wheels and I came across some ICAN wheels. The price is so low, I'm questioning their quality.

https://icanwheels.com/collections/a...43839589941484

Anyone have any experience with ICAN?

Suggestions for a wheel set in the $500 range?
Old 04-17-24, 11:15 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,989 Times in 1,922 Posts
Originally Posted by PromptCritical
I'm looking to upgrade my road bike wheels and I came across some ICAN wheels. The price is so low, I'm questioning their quality.

Loud & huge decals are not my thing, but if that isn't a concern, decent budget wheels that should last a while with some scheduled maintenance.
Old 04-18-24, 06:36 AM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
I have 3 sets of the Alpha carbon wheels, 1 for each of my road bikes. My primary bike, a Cervelo Caledonia, has the Alpha 50 rims. They have almost 11,000 miles on them. No problems with them. The wheels are true. The freehub makes a clicking sound when coasting. Some people find that annoying but I'm used to it and tune it out. My other 2 bikes have the Alpha 46 rims. They each have about 3500 miles on them. Last week I had a problem with the rear wheel. I contacted ICAN Cycling via email and Perry responded with requests for info and videos. It turned out that the XDR freehub came out of the ratchet gear. I inserted it back in and all is great now. You can see and hear the wheels on my YouTube channel.
ICAN ships from an Amazon wharehouse in California. The wheels are well protected in the box. Mine came with thru axles, tubeless rim tape. I'm a happy customer.
Old 04-18-24, 09:09 AM
Jrasero

Bikes: Scott Foil RC, Specialized Aethos

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by PromptCritical

ICAN are good. A course they have different levels of wheels which might dictate quality to some degree, but for most people I have heard them claim they are bomb proof. For me they are a great affordable option that has a US warehouse even though they are direct to consumer Chinese. I would put them in the tier 2 group, so not Winspace, Elite Wheels, Farsports, CRW Works, Magene, or even 9velo group which are all tier one D2C Chinese brands.
Old 04-18-24, 11:22 AM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1976 Post(s)
Liked 653 Times in 446 Posts
ICAN is a well known Chinese brand that has been selling internationally for years. Nothing wrong with their products. Likewise with Winspace, Farsports, Light Bicycle, etc. All these companies are based in Xiamen, the carbon bike manufacturing center of China.
Old 04-18-24, 12:11 PM
crazyravr

Bikes: 1 for road & 1 for gravel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
I had ICAN wheels 50mm RIM brake few years ago and did about 30K km on them. Zero issue. Even the brake track was still good.
If I was shopping for new wheelset, I would not hesitate. Its a well known brand and they actually have proper customer support.
Old 04-18-24, 05:33 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked 685 Times in 330 Posts
I have a set of 35mm ICAN carbon wheels (rim brake).

Price was great, delivery fairly quick from wherever in Asia they shipped from to Australia. Got around 10,000km on them so far with no issues.
Old 04-21-24, 03:08 AM
tFUnK

Bikes: Too many bikes, too little time to ride

Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked 461 Times in 318 Posts
A buddy got some ICANs. They seem to be a step above the Superteam or unbranded Chinese carbon clinchers that I've owned.
Old 04-21-24, 09:28 AM
PromptCritical 

Bikes: Paramount Track Bike, Colnago Super, Santana Tandems (1995 & 2007), Gary Fisher Piranha, Trek Wahoo, Bianchi Track Bike, a couple of Honda mountain bikes

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Everyone's reviews convinced me to try a set, but they seem to be hard to find with an XDR hub