Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Specialized Crossroads Pro ?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-21, 11:40 AM
Steel Charlie

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 286 Posts

So google comes up empty for me and the Specialized site is useless so I'm thinking there has to be someone here that knows about this version. Judging from the finish work on the welds and the components I suspect that this was a fairly pricey model. The pix tell the tale. The only thing I know of changed on the bike is the crankset cos I did that but it was a 3x9 to start with. It had a Suntour Superbe road triple on it that is geared way too big for what I will use the bike. I'd be interested to know about how old it is, maybe a rough estimate of the original price. The fork is also a mystery on the 'net so any info on that would be cool - and whatever that boss on the left slider is for?
Anyway, many thanks for any assist
be safe
Charlie

Old 07-01-21, 04:12 PM
DorkDisk

Bikes: Ritchey Swiss Cross | Teesdale Kona Hot | Haro Extreme | Specialized Stumpjumper Comp | Cannondale F1000 | Shogun 1000 | Cannondale M500 | Norco Charger | Marin Muirwoods 29er | Shogun Kaze | Breezer Lightning

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 576 Post(s)
Liked 1,002 Times in 488 Posts
I'd place those parts right at '00. 99 and 00 had a Crossroads Pro, but the welds are nowhere what you have. Front derailleur is also not original. Around 98-99 was when S collaborated much with Ritchey, those rims are not common in 700c.

FWIW I have seen an S-Works Tange Prestige Crossroads that also don't appear in any literature.

Old 07-01-21, 06:13 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Crossroads Pro via Bike Pedia (click this link)

Yea, as per BikePedia, the msrp was over $1000. But not sure if that was correct, seems a little high for this bike 20 years ago.

OH and yea, I would have replaced that crankset too! Sheesh, a 30/42/52 crankset....

Last edited by travbikeman; 07-01-21 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-02-21, 06:01 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
That boss on the left fork stanchion may be for dynamo hub wiring or something like that.
Old 07-02-21, 12:34 PM
Steel Charlie

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 286 Posts
Originally Posted by DorkDisk
I'd place those parts right at '00. 99 and 00 had a Crossroads Pro, but the welds are nowhere what you have. Front derailleur is also not original. Around 98-99 was when S collaborated much with Ritchey, those rims are not common in 700c.
You are quite right. I found a few date codes and they were XK an XL for late 1999 so the right time for install on a 2000 bike! All I know about the rims is that they look like some decent stuff and the rear spoke holes are offset.

Originally Posted by travbikeman
Crossroads Pro via Bike Pedia (click this link)

Yea, as per BikePedia, the msrp was over $1000. But not sure if that was correct, seems a little high for this bike 20 years ago.

OH and yea, I would have replaced that crankset too! Sheesh, a 30/42/52 crankset....
OK - so why didn't google find that ref ?!?!?! But that is certainly the bike. I would not have been surprised if the list was even more. Even 20 yrs later and a bit used it still has that "quality look" of attention to detail. Here are some more pix of the welds just for example sorta stuff. And the 28/3?/46 on it now is just way better for my decrepit needs
And many thanks for the info assist (even tho the fork is still a mystery )

Last edited by Steel Charlie; 07-02-21 at 12:40 PM.