Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Battery Problem!

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Battery Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-23, 12:50 PM
Ohiopicker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Battery Problem!

I have a Prodecotech bike with a Samsung battery. It was put away fully charged six months ago. I reinstalled the battery and was going to ride but the the bike won’t turn on. The charger reads ‘green’ but the test light won’t come on when you hold down the button. I have read about waking up a battery, but find nothing specific to Samsung. Appears the manufacturer is out of business. Any ideas? Is there a fuse anywhere in the power line? Is it possible that 5he battery is NOT charged even though the charger says it is? I have tried “wake-up” procedures (e.g., sequencial button pushing) to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Old 12-11-23, 01:32 PM
Pip48

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi If you have a multimeter you can check if the battery has a full charge. If not , I would first ignore the charger green light as the charger could be be giving a false reading. Then connect the charger again and see what happens. Fuses from my experience are there for overload or crossed wires.
Likes For Pip48:
Old 12-17-23, 10:04 AM
mpetry912 
aged to perfection

Bikes: Dinucci Allez 2.0, Richard Sachs, Alex Singer, Serotta, Masi GC, Raleigh Pro Mk.1, Hetchins, etc

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked 1,258 Times in 663 Posts
Don't store at full charge for extended periods. if you're going to put the bike away and not ride it for a while, run the battery down to 35% charge or lower

maybe hold the power button for a long time - 15 - 20 seconds

/markp
Likes For mpetry912:
Old 12-18-23, 09:21 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 622 Posts
My guess is your battery is gone, but experts at endless sphere have resurrected some, so check there. In the meantime (if it were me) store someplace safe.
Old 12-26-23, 01:21 AM
speedy25

Bikes: Specialized, Trek, Diamondback, Schwinn, Peugeot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Prodecotech bikes I have seen all had pouch batteries. DONT keep trying to charge them. Best bet is a rebuild from one of the reputable companies doing it.

-SP
Old 12-31-23, 04:38 AM
Ohiopicker

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
This bike has the slide-in flat Samsung battery. I got ahold of a multi-meter and found the battery has test points. It comes up dead, so I will look for a rebuilder. Thanks to all for your suggestions.