Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Deciphering Fuji Finest details

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Deciphering Fuji Finest details

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-24, 08:15 PM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Sactown_Albert
Getting ready to build mine up.

Some assembly required.
Is the frame bare steel, or unpolished chrome? It looks neat as-is. Is that how it’s going to stay?
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Old 04-03-24, 01:14 AM
Sactown_Albert 

Bikes: 2017 Sage Skyline, 2015 Co-Motion Periscope Tandem, 2012 Soma Smoothie, 2006 Kona Jake, 1978 Richard Sachs, 1977 Peugeot UO18c, 1977 Peugeot PRN10, 1974 Allegro Schweitzermeister Model 76, 1972 Hugo Rickert Spezial, 1971 Fuji Finest

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 196 Posts
Stripped for a repaint

Originally Posted by mkeller234
Is the frame bare steel, or unpolished chrome? It looks neat as-is. Is that how it’s going to stay?
The chromed portions were covered during media stripping because the chrome is in good shape. Paint was in horrible shape and decals were completely gone as was the head tube badge. There was a thread on the identification of this frame from the serial number. After stripping, I filed some of the rough brazing in preparation for putting on primer. I have reproduction decals from Gus Salmon, too. Will be primered, and painted, with much sanding between coats. Then decals will be applied. I have chrome decals for the seat tube, down tube and caps of the chain stays. Will then 2k clear coat the painted portions of the frame. Will leave the chromed portions alone.
Old 04-03-24, 04:56 AM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1455 Post(s)
Liked 1,404 Times in 768 Posts
Originally Posted by Schreck83
I’m curious whether the forks with round blades have significantly less clearance for wide tires than the later oval blade forks…
I'm my case, no. There's gobs of space. I can take pix and make some measurements later, but with mismatched tires at the moment (28mm in back, 32mm in front) there is plenty of daylight in all directions. I'm fairly confident that when sold new with clinchers it would have had 27-inch wheels.