Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

A cyclist on the English Landscape

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-21, 02:22 PM
donheff

Bikes: Specialized Tricross Comp, Custom Steel Sport Touring, Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 SL

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts

This article in the NYT has beautiful photos by an English cyclist. I was inspired to render one as best I could on my iPad drawing app.

Likes For donheff:
Old 04-07-21, 08:07 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
Nice.

But I'm still taken aback somewhat by you using your iPad drawing app. But then again, there were probably some other old curmudgeon back in the Renaissance days griping about the new wanna-be artists using the then new-fangled oil paint stuff. <grin>

Just before sunrise? Or twilight? Maybe that should be a puzzle for admirers to argue.
Old 04-07-21, 08:49 AM
donheff

Bikes: Specialized Tricross Comp, Custom Steel Sport Touring, Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 SL

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Nice.

But I'm still taken aback somewhat by you using your iPad drawing app. But then again, there were probably some other old curmudgeon back in the Renaissance days griping about the new wanna-be artists using the then new-fangled oil paint stuff. <grin>

Just before sunrise? Or twilight? Maybe that should be a puzzle for admirers to argue.
I got an iPad mini for reading and then realized I could draw on it with an Apple Pencil and the Procreate app. It is lots of fun but not art (in my hands, although it is in others).

From the photographer’s text I would guess early morning but we will never know. I was amazed that he got those shots with a camera on a tripod and timer.