Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

You know you're a serious commuter when

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-23, 01:27 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts

I had a little fridge in my shop and every shared a regular fridge where I put my groceries I got when I grabbed lunch. then I would have to empty my bag in it then fill it back up when I left. so when it died over the weekend it was tine for a bigger one in my shop. so no more taking stuff out of my bag.

Likes For fooferdoggie:
Old 10-08-23, 07:47 AM
I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1,536 Times in 1,045 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
I had a little fridge in my shop and every shared a regular fridge where I put my groceries I got when I grabbed lunch. then I would have to empty my bag in it then fill it back up when I left. so when it died over the weekend it was tine for a bigger one in my shop. so no more taking stuff out of my bag.

Huh?
Old 10-09-23, 06:36 AM
jaxy357

Bikes: '23 Specialized Roll 3.0 low entry, 'Lectric Lite folding bike, beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 42 Posts
I think they're saying they have their own fridge now and can put the whole pannier in there instead of unloading lunch items every day. Kind of funny to have cold accessories but whatever works! I'm tempted to start ordering grocery stuff online and having it delivered to my office so that I don't have to schlep so much back and forth.
Old 10-09-23, 08:14 AM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by jaxy357
I think they're saying they have their own fridge now and can put the whole pannier in there instead of unloading lunch items every day. Kind of funny to have cold accessories but whatever works! I'm tempted to start ordering grocery stuff online and having it delivered to my office so that I don't have to schlep so much back and forth.
right there isn nothing else in the bag but ya a cold bag is a bit funny. I shop several Tims a week so it is going to be nice.
Old 10-21-23, 07:42 PM
RidingMatthew
Let's Ride!

Bikes: --2010 Jamis 650b1-- 2016 Cervelo R2-- 2018 Salsa Journeyman 650B

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 24 Posts
Glad you have a fridge at work but not sure how this shows how serious you are as a bike commuter.
Old 10-21-23, 07:43 PM
fooferdoggie 

Originally Posted by RidingMatthew
Glad you have a fridge at work but not sure how this shows how serious you are as a bike commuter.
spending 330.00 so you have a fridge big enough for your bag that you have food in several times a day is not serious?
Old 10-21-23, 09:54 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,065 Times in 1,081 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxy357
More or less did that the other day. We had a team potluck and I signed up to bring chicken and waffles, but kept procrastinating until I found myself at the office at 10am with the potluck at 11:30. Nowhere really rideable at that point. Dang, guess I'm going to be a no show, but wait. Uber Eats, baby! 3 orders from the a nearby breakfast place, delivered right on time.

Here's to living in the future, where planning isn't really a thing.
Old 10-21-23, 09:59 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Gen 3, Soma Fog Cutter, Focus Mares AL, Detroit Bikes Sparrow FG, Volae Team, Nimbus MUni

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked 2,065 Times in 1,081 Posts
Fridge? I bought a condo.

With a garage to put my whole bike in. I also live in it, as does my wife. But primarily it was purchased in a location amenable to commuting to work, with storage and workspace for keeping my commuter and backup commuter and double backup commuter running.

Heck, I moved halfway across the continent just to live in a place where I'm not the only weirdo riding a bike to work. Lots of us here.
Likes For downtube42: