Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi Formula Columbus Shimano 600

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-21, 07:35 PM
Mdl
Montedino

Bikes: Bertin, Ross Mt Hood; Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Bianchi Formula Columbus Shimano 600

Hi Everyone,

Any idea what this Bianchi is worth? It’s 2 plus hours away and the price just dropped from $300 to $150. Thank you!

Old 08-06-21, 09:29 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,025 Times in 723 Posts
really depends on what you want it for. If you're looking for a classic collectable bike its ok, but not really high end either frame or components though both are better quality. If you're looking for a commuter it'll be comfortable and decent though you might find something better suited closer to home. Just want a bike path cruiser that'll hold a decent pace, probably perfect. Price-wise, unless there's a defect I'm not seeing in the pictures the 300 original price would have been fair and for the right need or just the desire for a Bianchi it could be worth a 4 hour round trip. For 150, if it fits its definitely worth the price and the drive.
Old 08-07-21, 03:01 AM
Mdl
Montedino

Originally Posted by Russ Roth
really depends on what you want it for. If you're looking for a classic collectable bike its ok, but not really high end either frame or components though both are better quality. If you're looking for a commuter it'll be comfortable and decent though you might find something better suited closer to home. Just want a bike path cruiser that'll hold a decent pace, probably perfect. Price-wise, unless there's a defect I'm not seeing in the pictures the 300 original price would have been fair and for the right need or just the desire for a Bianchi it could be worth a 4 hour round trip. For 150, if it fits its definitely worth the price and the drive.
Thanks, Russ. If it were worth more I may have considered buying it, in the suburbs, and then flipping it, in the city, on the way home.
Old 08-07-21, 07:38 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
At $150 it's a nice project that with a lot elbow grease will make a great rider, but I think it needs too much love to be a profitable flip

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 08-07-21, 07:43 AM
Mdl
Montedino

Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
At $150 it's a nice project that with a lot elbow grease will make a great rider, but I think it needs too much love to be a profitable flip
Thanks, Bianchigirll. Yes. Thanks for the second opinion. I was curious to see whether anyone noticed something I’d overlooked. I’m not up for another project right now. I just finished one and I’m in the midst of another. So, I’ll have to pass. I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and staying safe.
All the best.
Old 08-07-21, 08:34 AM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked 2,378 Times in 891 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Spot-on.