Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Torpado Bell and Kindness...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-21, 05:59 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts

Every now and again, the kindness of others lifts me up. RidesACarlton, a fellow forum member contacted me a short while ago and suggested that I needed to install this...

...on my Torpado. He was right, that lovely bell belongs on the bike. Thanks Phil...

In addition to the bell, I still have to install some other Torpado specific pieces.

A head badge...

And I plan to install alloy rims laced to a nice set of Campy low flange quick release hubs (My old arthritic hands lack the strength to properly tighten up the original wing nuts)...

Not a Torpado specific component but one that I do intend to install. At my age, easier gearing is almost a must. Well, forget the almost...

For those interested, this was my first ever Torpado. Bought it at a yard sale for $12.00 CND...

All in all, I have had so much fun building my entry level Torpado and, in all honesty, it is my favorite steed...
Old 11-08-21, 08:24 PM
RustyJames 

Bikes: You had me at rusty and Italian!!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 1,053 Times in 545 Posts
Looks fabulous Randy!
Old 11-09-21, 10:29 AM
Shp4man

Bikes: 1989 Schwinn World Sport. 1994 Diamond Back Response Elite MTB. 1964 Schwinn Typhoon. 1974 Bridgestone Sprinter, 2015 Scott Sub 10 Citybike.

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1688 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 37 Posts
Nice bike. Thanks for posting. Found this bike recently, looks like it may be related.

Milano
Old 11-09-21, 04:52 PM
RidesaCarlton

Bikes: 1962 Estermann, 1962 English something, 1971 Carlton, 1972 Colnago, 1972 Pogliaghi, 1979 Nishiki, and 1982 Cambio Rino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 6 Posts
My pleasure. 4 oz. of quality(?) Italian Steel to help(?) you climb the hills around Thunder Bay.
I really like helping you get a win.
Likes For RidesaCarlton: