Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

ISO and for trade thread part 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-23, 12:52 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,396 Times in 2,093 Posts
ISO one to two of these for converting a pair of kids bikes for "Learn to Ride" balance-bike style training (the coaster brake needs to go on these things):

A 28 hole Shimano singlespeed hub with a roller brake spline on it. The one in the picture is a Shimano RH-IM10 and seems to be nearly impossible to find, but it is available in 28h:

or

An aluminum 28h rear hub threaded on both sides. These are sometimes used for tandems and some mopeds, but they're also suitable for band brakes.

I know these are available as steel-bodied hubs, but I want to avoid that if at all possible. Yes, the one shown is steel, but that's all I could bring up on Google on short notice.

I also need the band brakes (I'm running out of bike share spares), and two 19T freewheels would help too.

-Kurt

Old 08-06-23, 10:17 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 642 Posts
As I'm doing my glacial plowing through several non-keepers that I've accumulated, I find that I could use a few generic saddles. I'm not looking for Brooks-ish leather, but if someone has 2, 3 or 4 in the spirit of Avocet, or Avocet knock-offs, I certainly could use them. I have an eclectic assemblage of parts to trade, or barring that, I have a small allowance for such things.

Muchos Gracias.

<edit> To be clear, I'm not looking for an Avocet specifically. I am looking for saddles of that era with a leather-like covering. For that matter, resembling another maker's saddle isn't disqualifying. Generic and undamaged is my goal as these are going on bikes I have acquired, but wish to pass along to new homes as ready-to-ride. My objective is to accomplish this with minimal loss to alleviate overcrowding.

Last edited by USAZorro; 08-08-23 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-07-23, 03:45 AM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,328 Times in 784 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
ISO

[snip]

An aluminum 28h rear hub threaded on both sides.
pm sent.

EDIT - didn't work out, someone else help please this fellow...

Last edited by oneclick; 08-07-23 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-07-23, 08:55 AM
SquireBlack 

Bikes: '66 Lygie, '02 Rivendell Atlantis, '03 Air Friday, '21 Black Shadow Campeur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 37 Posts
Or: just buy the tool. E.g. on Wiggle for £10
Likes For SquireBlack:
Old 08-07-23, 11:17 AM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,912 Times in 1,142 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
As I'm doing my glacial plowing through several non-keepers that I've accumulated, I find that I could use a few generic saddles. I'm not looking for Brooks-ish leather, but if someone has 2, 3 or 4 in the spirit of Avocet, or Avocet knock-offs, I certainly could use them. I have an eclectic assemblage of parts to trade, or barring that, I have a small allowance for such things.

Muchos Gracias.
USAZ,
This one is rider quality and needs to be in the hands of someone else. PM Me Smiles, MH

A couple of small nicks in the leather on the underside, but otherwise looks to be OK.
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 08-07-23, 04:45 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Originally Posted by Mad Honk
USAZ,
This one is rider quality and needs to be in the hands of someone else. PM Me Smiles, MH

A couple of small nicks in the leather on the underside, but otherwise looks to be OK.
Looks nice, and I am thinking about it. If there were two (or 3 or 4) saddles, it would be an easier decision.

<edit> - That saddle is quite a bit nicer than what I was hoping for. I wasn't clear on what I was what I am looking for, as Avocet saddles are tough to find and cost more than what I am looking for. I am hoping to find saddles with leather-like coverings with a look and profile similar to that of Avocets. I have two bikes that I am hoping to find new homes for that I'll be lucky to break even on. One's a 1980-ish Peugeot Cadre Allegro (I saw it in marketplace thinking "parts bike", but when I went to see it, I realized that aside from needing a good cleaning and having a trashed saddle and being desperate for new tires, it was in great shape and too good to pass up), the other is a mid 80's Motobecane Grand Touring. That saddle isn't as far gone, but has a couple divots that will just make it harder to pass along.

Last edited by USAZorro; 08-07-23 at 09:17 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 08-07-23, 07:02 PM
Classtime 

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1952 Post(s)
Liked 2,013 Times in 1,112 Posts
ISO T.A. PRO NDS 170mm

This was on Raleigh Competition I picked up for the saddle:

I didn’t have a T.A. Puller so I planned to go to the co-op, pull the cranks, and put the DS in my parts bin. Well, the co-op didn’t have a TA puller, so I bought one and now I’m committed to this crankset with the matching BB.

Looking for NDS 170mm crank in any condition CHEAP. It doesn’t have to look this nice.

Old 08-07-23, 08:24 PM
Mad Honk 

USAZ,
One man's junk is another's treasure! Smiles, MH
Likes For Mad Honk:
Old 08-08-23, 03:07 AM
VintageSteelEU

Bikes: Motobecane C41, Matsu$hita Nashonaru

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 437 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime

I didn’t have a T.A. Puller so I planned to go to the co-op, pull the cranks, and put the DS in my parts bin. Well, the co-op didn’t have a TA puller, so I bought one and now I’m committed to this crankset with the matching BB.

Looking for NDS 170mm crank in any condition CHEAP. It doesn’t have to look this nice.

One of my most prized tools, TA and Stronglight crank puller. Other than Suntour freewheel adjusting wrench I think someone makes them on the other side of the Pond, I got mine from a company manufacturing them in Poland and got to say I have to check if they make regular ones, very good quality.
Anyhow, I don't have NDS TA crank arm, the only crankarms I have that are not in use or to be used are some random heavy steel hybrid / city bike ones. What I wanted to say though is that you have a very nice find here! Looking at the chainrings, they seem to have had very little use. And I like the three-armed spider.
Huret Success (or Challenger?) FD looks a bit tired though and that chrome will come off when you start cleaning it (not that there's any other choice), but these are pretty good. I absolutely love the fact that you can take them nearly completely apart and clean them. At least I could do that with mine, evertyhing was using either screws or C-clips (or E-clips, whatever you call them). A bit of a pain in the backside to put everything back together.
I've seen these paired with Huret Titane RD, which is pretty decent and again, can be taken apart. I really wish more derailleurs were designed this way...
Likes For VintageSteelEU:
Old 08-08-23, 10:00 AM
75lechamp 

Bikes: 1975 Motobecane LeChampion (silver lilac), 1974 Motobecane Grand Jubile (red/black); 1975 Motobecane Team Champion (orange); 1982 Pinarello Professional (Exorcist Green); 1974 Raleigh Professional MkIV mink blue, 1974 Motobecane Grand Record blk/red

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 750 Times in 172 Posts
ISO: 3ttt Record Evian stem and GB "map" handlebars

Hi folks, I acquired a '73 Raleigh RRA frame and am looking for a 3ttt Record stem and the GB Ventoux handlebars to match. These bars are easy to spot as they have the map of England engraved on them. The catch here is that the stem has to be a 25.4 size rather than the standard 3ttt size of 26.0, in order to mate the bars. The ones you usually see with this size are often engraved "Evian"

Let me know if you have anything like that

Thanks,

Andy
Old 08-08-23, 11:13 AM
r0ckh0und 

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime

I don't see any identifying marks on this NDS arm but it is 170....

Old 08-08-23, 02:46 PM
Insidious C. 

Bikes: One of everything and three of everything French

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
Looks nice, and I am thinking about it. If there were two (or 3 or 4) saddles, it would be an easier decision.
How about four or five? All Avocet.
  1. Touring, poor shape, headed for trash
  2. Touring I, scuff and accomanying small hole but still okay shape
  3. Touring I, scuff but still okay shape
  4. Racing, nice shape
  5. Racing I, nice shape
  6. *edit* just found a third Touring I, slightly better shape than the other two.
I need misc Japanese, French, Iatalian bits. If you want any or all of these saddles suggest a trade, something you think you wont use.

Last edited by Insidious C.; 08-08-23 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-08-23, 05:07 PM
Classtime 

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1952 Post(s)
Liked 2,013 Times in 1,112 Posts

ISO NDS 170
Old 08-08-23, 05:53 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3890 Post(s)
Liked 6,491 Times in 3,213 Posts
Originally Posted by Insidious C.
Avocet ... Racing ... suggest a trade.
32h Tri-color rear hub and 12-24t 8-speed cassette?

Likes For SurferRosa:
Old 08-08-23, 06:03 PM
Insidious C. 

Bikes: One of everything and three of everything French

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
32h Tri-color rear hub and 12-24t 8-speed cassette?

Thanks. Was responding to USAZoro's ISO. Let's give him a chance to reply.
Old 08-08-23, 06:05 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

4. Racing, nice shape
  5. Racing I, nice shape
  6. *edit* just found a third Touring I, slightly better shape than the other two.
I need misc Japanese, French, Iatalian bits. If you want any or all of these saddles suggest a trade, something you think you wont use.

I'm interested in the Touring I's. I have no Italian or French stuff, unless one counts a couple MAFAC calipers and a set of levers, some Huret and Simplex derailleurs (unfortunately not much, run-of-the-mill, and not in the greatest shape), or a more modern Modolo stem. PM me with the sort of things you'd be interested in.
Old 08-08-23, 11:31 PM
j_brodu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ISO a Bruce Gordon Rock n Road frame between 54 and 56cm, if anyone has one they don't feel like they get the chance to live enough and would like to pass it on, I'm willing to pay the going rate or a bit higher. Regrettably I was too young during his tenure to order one. Thanks.
Old 08-09-23, 01:29 PM
sunburst

Bikes: Giant, Peugeots, Motobecanes, Kona, Specialized, Bike Friday, Ironhorse, Royal Scot, Schwinns

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by danarello
@ JohnDThompson,
I did a quick search on Craig's List and called my LBS. No luck searching for a 1 inch (25.4mm) seatpost. I'll have to wait for a lucky opportunity.
I bought an 25.4mm UNO 602 on Amazon last week for an old Raleigh. $18. I chose this one because of the 24mm offset, which I needed for this too-small bike. I got a tip recently that acetone can remove the ink label. Naphtha didn't work. One other tip, when I got the package it showed the seatpost comes in different lengths, although they may be hard to find. Mine was 350mm, which is probably ~twice as long as I needed.
UNO 602
Old 08-09-23, 02:20 PM
Mad Honk 

Muchos Gracias.

<edit> To be clear, I'm not looking for an Avocet specifically. I am looking for saddles of that era with a leather-like covering. For that matter, resembling another maker's saddle isn't disqualifying. Generic and undamaged is my goal as these are going on bikes I have acquired, but wish to pass along to new homes as ready-to-ride. My objective is to accomplish this with minimal loss to alleviate overcrowding.
USAZ,
It looks like there is gonna be extra room in the box. Any other bits of "Crap" you want in this box before it goes to the post office. PM with your shopping list (and NO! there isn't any free Campy stuff around here). Smiles, MH

Closest fit I found for a box unless I rob a new saddle of it's packaging. There is room for some small bits, or "borked" parts from the BOC. You know the stuff pantographed Cinelli kickstands, and other useless items.
Old 08-09-23, 02:39 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Originally Posted by Mad Honk
USAZ,
It looks like there is gonna be extra room in the box. Any other bits of "Crap" you want in this box before it goes to the post office. PM with your shopping list (and NO! there isn't any free Campy stuff around here). Smiles, MH

Closest fit I found for a box unless I rob a new saddle of it's packaging. There is room for some small bits, or "borked" parts from the BOC. You know the stuff pantographed Cinelli kickstands, and other useless items.
What about Campa?

If you have a reeeeally long, ( >750) centerpull brake caliper I could use that, or if you have a 118 BCD three hole Nervar or TA chainring (or two) that's just laying about I would have use for that. Otherwise, if you want to offload "borks", I'm fine with taking them off your hands. I occasionally get "creative" both with my builds and household small projects.

Cheers,

Z
Old 08-09-23, 05:32 PM
JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 3591 Post(s)
Liked 3,401 Times in 1,935 Posts
Originally Posted by danarello
@ JohnDThompson,
I did a quick search on Craig's List and called my LBS. No luck searching for a 1 inch (25.4mm) seatpost. I'll have to wait for a lucky opportunity.
25.4mm steel posts are still common on department store bikes. If you have a bike co-op locally, they probably have a box of them. If you can't source one locally, I'm sure I can find a used one for you for lss than what a new one would cost.
Likes For JohnDThompson:
Old 08-11-23, 06:33 PM
Schweinhund

Bikes: a couple

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 456 Posts
  4. Racing, nice shape
  5. Racing I, nice shape
I need misc Japanese parts..... If you want any or all of these saddles suggest a trade, something you think you wont use.
Wot kind of misc parts are you looking for?
Got quite a bit to trade
Old 08-12-23, 03:30 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked 3,765 Times in 1,844 Posts
ISO - Deore - "Cable Fixing Bolt Unit" Part #546 9814

ISO

Working on the Grizzly, running new cables, discovered the RD is missing the "Cable Fixing Bolt Unit" Part #546 9814 - looking for a source to buy one or if someone has one in a parts bin? Bolt has 2 flat sides on the shoulder that lock it into the derailleur. Pulled this one off another derailleur, if there is a source, I would likely replace this on too.

Old 08-12-23, 06:29 PM
Schweinhund

Bikes: a couple

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 456 Posts
SoCaled That thing, if it looks like the derailleur it was attached to, looks like crap.
I have this thing.
Needs a jockey wheel. otherwise it's complete.
The back plate is on backwards, I was saving the pieces.

Last edited by Schweinhund; 08-13-23 at 07:26 AM.
Likes For Schweinhund:
Old 08-14-23, 08:03 AM
ascherer 

Bikes: 1987 Mercian Pro, 1985 Shogun 500, early '70s Falcon San Remo, 1972 Peugeot PX-10, 1972 Schwinn Paramount P13-9, 1971 Raleigh International, 1971 Peugeot PX-10, 1970 Raleigh Professional Mk1

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 939 Post(s)
Liked 2,946 Times in 982 Posts
French stem, ~60 anyone? Mrs. ascherer's Grand Jubilee mixte has a bit too much reach for her. Can swap the 80 Pivo or I have various stemmage in non-Gallic dimensions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.