Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Central Arkansas River Trail alt routing

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 04:53 PM
cybirr 
Beer & Bikes

Bikes: '20 Specialized Roubaix Expert, '20 Specialized Shiv Elite, '13 Specialized S-Works Epic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 36 Posts

For those who roll on the River Trail, the mess at the Episcopal school is getting worse. Road debris, new cuts in the road bed and the general constriction is getting to be a pain. Come on Dillard's and Stephens... get your acts together and support fully the trail in front of your precious executive offices!

Saying that, has anyone found a better routing that maybe peels off Markham and goes up towards the Kavanaugh, Hill Crest and/or the Heights area and gets a rider back down to the trail? Might make for some good extended hill climbing and added miles. I'm just not that familiar with the area South of Cantrell.

Regards,

Cy

Last edited by cybirr; 01-14-15 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-23-14, 09:17 PM
Cwater103

Bikes: Orbea Orca B, Trek 7.3 FX & Cannondale F300

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've just been avoiding that area all together. I've been parking at the Sub, running the NLR side to the Big Dam Bridge and crossing to the LR side down to Two Rivers Park and back to the Sub. More miles than making the loop and in my opinion a better ride.
Old 01-10-15, 10:56 AM
spdracr39

Bikes: Lynskey Twisted Helix Di2 Ti, 1987 Orbea steel single speed/fixie, Orbea Avant M30, Trek Fuel EX9.8 29, Trek Madone 5 series, Specialized Epic Carbon Comp 29er, Trek 7.1F

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cybirr
For those who roll on the River Trail, the mess at the Episcopal school is getting worse. Road debris, new cuts in the road bed and the general constriction is getting to be a pain. Come on Dillard's and Stephens... get your acts together and support fully the trail in front of your precious executive offices!

Saying that, has anyone found a better routing that maybe peels of Markham and goes up towards the Kavanaugh, Hill Crest and/or the Heights area and gets a rider back down to the trail? Might make for some good extended hill climbing and added miles. I'm just not that familiar with the area South of Cantrell.

Regards,

Cy
Originally Posted by Cwater103
I've just been avoiding that area all together. I've been parking at the Sub, running the NLR side to the Big Dam Bridge and crossing to the LR side down to Two Rivers Park and back to the Sub. More miles than making the loop and in my opinion a better ride.
Thats similar to my route. I stopped riding that section a few months ago and haven't missed it one bit. I park at the Clinton Library go up the NLR side. turn at the golf course and loop burns park then up towards the BDB. I make the Northshore loop cross the Bridge and up to two rivers park. Left in the park and circle the orchard ( this time of year we call it the petting zoo) then head back. Past the bridge to the roundabout make a u-turn and back across the BDB straight back to NLR. 35 miles. If you want to add the triple bypass hills (Overlook, River Mountain Road, and VA) it will be about 40 miles. Since it is dark so early I have cut out the hills, the park loop, and the northshore loop and it is right at 30 miles.

You could go straight down Markham to Kavanaugh then down Cedar Hill or down through Allsop park but the traffic on weekdays is pretty heavy.
Old 01-11-15, 11:59 PM
johnelliss
Banned.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am looking for good route for for cycle holidays.