Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

E-bike rental?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

E-bike rental?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-23, 08:54 AM
Waikeshu
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E-bike rental?

I have a buddy coming to town that is not that athletic and has only mountained biked a few times in his life. We have a Ljubljanska cesta trip planned so my big idea was to rent to decent e-mtb...it would be way more realistic.
Anyone have a recommendation of an outfit that rents e-mountain bikes in the area?
Old 10-23-23, 09:34 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4366 Post(s)
Liked 4,006 Times in 2,675 Posts
Luckily I have good Google skills but you kind of expected everyone to be where you are from on an international forum which is mostly U.S. based but not entirely. Slovenia is the country.
This is what I found but you might actually have to do some work on your own as I know none of those shops and do not speak the language but there did look to be a rental company amongst those who does cycle tours:
Unfortunately the link didn't work but if you google "Ljubljanska cesta bike shops" as I did and go to maps you can see the wide range of stuff.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 10-27-23, 09:37 AM
Merlotjk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've rented e-mountain bikes from https://www.altitude-activities.com/renting in Ljubljana before and had a great experience. They have a good selection of bikes and the staff is very helpful. They can also give you recommendations for routes that are suitable for all skill levels. Whichever company you choose, be sure to book your bikes in advance, especially if you're traveling during peak season.

Last edited by Merlotjk; 11-14-23 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-27-23, 11:04 PM
MarcusT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 617 Times in 344 Posts
The area has a number of health spas, It would seem logical that rentals would be available. If not, Ljubljana (the capitol) and Maribor would certainly have them
The area is practically unknown outside the connecting areas,may I ask how you chose that town?