Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

New to me CV bike, first time I bought from Italy

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

New to me CV bike, first time I bought from Italy

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-23, 05:13 AM
bykemike 

Bikes: 2017 BMC Roadmachine 01 Enve wheels, Sram red etap,Cinelli Vigorelli single speed, 2009 Cannondale Capo, 2016 trek Domane 6.9, disc and Di2, 2016 Scott Scale 710, 27.5 plus tires and boost rims

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 81 Posts
I appreciate the kind words, I love getting this out on the local bike paths and some of the lesser traveled country roads for a ride, Around here, sadly, I seldom, if ever, run into another road rider that knows anything about older bikes or even notices anything about what another rider is riding.

It's in my nature to be interested in all sorts of bikes (maybe not so much electrics yet) and always looking for something different or well set up,

I ran into a rider the other day who pointed to the downtube shifters "what are those"?

Last edited by bykemike; 09-17-23 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-17-23, 08:43 AM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3515 Post(s)
Liked 2,929 Times in 1,777 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
is not that maintenance?
Probably a gray area. Replacing things that are functionally perfect for improved performance or weight savings might not be considered “maintenance,” strictly speaking.