Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Cabela's Bridger MTN 5000 by Cannondale

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-23, 12:36 PM
ruck139

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I know jack about bikes, but you guys do, so I hope you don't mind a question. I have the above bike that I bought back in the mid to late 1990s. Just wondering if it has any value. Planning to sell it to a friend, but don't want to sell a bike for a couple hundred dollars if it's worth substantially more for some reason. I believe it is an aluminum frame, and says handmade by Cannondale. Lightly used and all original except maybe the seat, I vaguely remember buying a softer seat for it.
Old 04-02-23, 02:34 PM
bargainguy

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked 310 Times in 191 Posts
Welcome. What you have is probably a stock Cannondale from the era with different badging. There was once a L.L. Bean edition Cannondale road bike - same idea. No difference from the original other than how it looked.

That said, market preference is to original Cannondales rather than special edition/boutique variants. Those never did as well in the marketplace as the bikes they were supposed to be snazzing up. The originals did much better over time, and the variants are mostly forgotten.

If you post a few pics to your gallery, we can see approximately what model you might have.
Old 04-02-23, 03:03 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,026 Times in 723 Posts
In all likelihood, a couple hundred is at best all its worth. Unless it was a top end version and in perfect condition it won't have any real collectability. If its all original and lower to midrange, then it probably needs some work like tires, brake pads, potentially brakes if its old enough to have certain shimano cantilever brakes, grips, and cables/housing since much of these will corrode or rot over the decades since it was new. In which case it may not have any real value and may not be worth more than 50.00 since a tune and replacing these old items will bring it to 200.00.
Old 04-02-23, 04:30 PM
ruck139

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks so much for the input, I can post a couple pics tomorrow. Not trying to get top dollar from my buddy, obviously, mostly just curious. It's in surprisingly good shape, I didn't ride it much at all. The tires and breaks are fine, it just needs a tune up on the shifting of gears, the ones by the pedals need adjustment, the back gears by the tire shifts perfect.
Old 04-03-23, 08:30 AM
ruck139

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gotta make 10 posts before posting a pic, interesting rule!
Old 04-03-23, 08:30 AM
ruck139

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old 04-03-23, 08:31 AM
ruck139

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
post 5
Old 04-03-23, 08:47 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by ruck139
post 5
Post the pics in your gallery and someone will post them to this thread. It's a bit of a pain but newbies are limited as to what they can post as this reduces spam.
Old 04-03-23, 09:49 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts

I think this is the one. Attractive bike. Shame it doesn't have more mounts for racks and such. As a MTB it is woefully out of date but as a rails-to-trails gravel bike it would be just fine.