Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

i got a kinda new bike

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

i got a kinda new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-11, 09:09 PM
pablosnazzy

Bikes: rocky mountain SLAYER!!!! trek, voodoo, surly, spot, bianchi, ibis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
i got a kinda new bike

my main bike is (was) a turner 5 spot, which i loved. i had it right where i wanted it.

a 170mm lyrik fork, (yes, a 170 mm fork on a 5 inch travel bike), shimano xt trail brakes, xo drivetrain, gravity dropper seatpost, straitline pedals. it was the perfect bike for me.

my friend had a trek remedy frame, and said he would trade me, so, i did. i took off the parts from my turner, and put them on the remedy. one for one exchange, $0 changed hands. now i have a 6 inch travel bike. now i have a trek.

i am not a huge fan of trek. i don't mind them, they are great bikes, but i never felt awesome on one. i was a bit hesitant, reluctant, but i figured i would "upgrade" to the 6 inch travel frame.

took it out for a ride, i gotta say, it handled nicely. it felt a bit different, but not in a bad way. time will tell how i ultimately feel about it, but for now, i am sort of excited. it's a new bike.

i know i'm probably supposed to get a new bike every two years or so, but i am still of the mindset to find the right bike and ride it til you or it dies. perhaps in another two years i will end up with another bike. things change, people change, technology changes, bikes change.

anyway, i no longer have the cool turner 5 spot. now i'm riding a trek. it feels odd. i sort of miss my bike. i really grew attached to that bike, i was proud of it, i felt great on it, perhaps i'm being too ghey about it, but i felt like i somehow betrayed a friend by swapping it out. and now i have to take "Turner" out of my list of bikes in my profile. damn.

anyway, here are the pics of my new (to me) bike. a note: it is a custom paint job. i am not a fan of the colors, but i also don't care if a bike looks like a clown puked all over it. i care how it rides and feels and handles, aesthetics and looks mean zero to me. i already started stickering it up.

Last edited by pablosnazzy; 12-03-11 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-03-11, 09:51 PM
dsprehe89

Bikes: 2013 Stumpjumper HT

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks like a sweet bike. I understand your regret about your old bike and hope the new one grows on you. Just get our and ride it and enjoy it even if you currently don't like it as much as your old one, it is still one sweet ass bike. BTW, does that seat post have remote lockout?
Old 12-03-11, 10:35 PM
pablosnazzy

Bikes: rocky mountain SLAYER!!!! trek, voodoo, surly, spot, bianchi, ibis

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dsprehe89
....., does that seat post have remote lockout?
it is a Gravity Dropper, a dropper seatpost. it goes 4 inches down and out of my way at the push of a lever, then comes back up at the next push of the lever.
Old 12-03-11, 10:44 PM
dsprehe89

Bikes: 2013 Stumpjumper HT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pablosnazzy
it is a Gravity Dropper, a dropper seatpost. it goes 4 inches down and out of my way at the push of a lever, then comes back up at the next push of the lever.
I've heard of them on different posts, but never seen one so didn't know what one was. That is awesome. I personally wouldn't want one cause I am usually on my seat and the added weight/cost wouldn't be worth it for me, but that is just me.
Old 12-04-11, 06:44 PM
YamiRider1316

Bikes: 13' Ragley Marley, 12' Pivot Firebird, 13' Pivot Point, 89' Bridgestone RB-1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
very cool. The guy i do most of my riding with rides an 11' remedy 9 and loves it. Its a little small for me but the limited amount of time ive spent on it i could tell it was a nice bike. Ride and enjoy the hell out of it! I actually kind of dig the paint scheme. Different from what you usually see out there. Also you should do a review on that DRCV RP23. Always been kind of curious as to if DRCV is a marketing gimmick or if does what they say it does. Briefly looked into the technology behind it and it sounded cool.