Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Good Looking Trek 600 For Sale But Am I Wrong on Size?

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Good Looking Trek 600 For Sale But Am I Wrong on Size?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-23, 08:13 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
... in before the lock.
Old 04-27-23, 08:19 PM
RoadWearier

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer
... in before the lock.
Yes I'm trying to get some advice on a bike, and dickbag stalks me and posts my history of asking about bikes. What a **********.

Guess you can't say ********** on here...I guess I have to say roostersmoker. Or c0kksukker. I'm sure he knows his name by now. Even his wife calls him that
Old 04-27-23, 11:12 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadWearier
Yes I'm trying to get some advice on a bike, and dickbag stalks me and posts my history of asking about bikes. What a **********.

Guess you can't say ********** on here...I guess I have to say roostersmoker. Or c0kksukker. I'm sure he knows his name by now. Even his wife calls him that
...firstly, you probably ought to take a few deep breaths and count to ten, slowly.
Second, and probably more importantly, the C+V valuations forum does get this sort of traffic from time to time.

Usually people get tired of this kind of, "Why is this old steel bicycle priced so high ? Do you think I should lowball it ?" rhetoric, and simply stop providing you information. I know I have. It's nothing personal, but this kind of back and forth, with sporadic claims of," I'm only trying to get information," just kind of wears people out. I'm sure you are just seeking some sort of rationale that supports your plan to buy the best old bikes you can find, at half the asking price. You're not alone in that.

I hope you can appreciate the fact that when several people, who seem to know more or less shat they're talking about, tell you that the $500 bike you are asking about, might indeed be worth close to that, depending on current mechanical condition and your location, that hearing back from you that it's only worth $250 to you gets old. Craigslist and Facebook marketplace draw those sorts of responses all the time.

You're coming here asking for expertise, but in the two threads I've seen, the replies are only acceptable when they reinforce your idea that the bike you're asking about should be cheaper for you to buy. I wish you all the luck in the world, with your pursuit of understanding.

And nobody here can judge current mechanical condition from the photos you provide. Mechanicals can cost you a lot of time and effort...if you do the work yourself. If you get someone else to do it, it often makes your original bargain seem less so in the end.

I hope this doesn't seem like some kind of condemnation. It's not offered as that. It's only an explanation of why I think your threads here seem to be going off the rails pretty quickly. What I learned in your other Paramount thread is that maybe you don't need "the top of the line" bicycle. So there are lots and lots of possibilities where the asking prices will be much lower. Again, it's impossible for anyone to give you really solid advice on current mechanical condition for your purchase prospects. Good luck with that, because it can make a difference of several hundred dollars, by the time you start changing out the consumables. Wheel quality and condition alone are a whole world of learning.

I'll stop now. Time for me to step back from the C+V valuations forum. I don't really have any idea what something should cost where you live anyway.
Old 04-28-23, 04:35 AM
RoadWearier

I appreciate you trying to give a reasonable explanation. I guess there is always the option to not reply to my question. Again the paramount thread was posed as a question. I guess some will continue to view it as a put-down of steel/old bikes. It wasn't, but I can't change what people want to believe.

PS....shelbytv is still a dickbag
Old 04-28-23, 04:57 AM
Jeff Neese

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1083 Post(s)
Liked 687 Times in 441 Posts
Yes I like to buy and sell different bikes. Is that a crime, ******bag?

And what kind of lame piece of crap has nothing to do all day but stalk other people on a bike forum. What a dickbag you are
It's not stalking, it was a simple ad-hoc search that anyone could do. Some of your responses seemed a bit off so he got suspicious that you were being disingenuous, and now we know not to spend much time trying to help you.
Likes For Jeff Neese:
Old 04-28-23, 06:23 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
Yes I like to buy and sell different bikes. Is that a crime, ******bag?

And what kind of lame piece of crap has nothing to do all day but stalk other people on a bike forum. What a dickbag you are

I appreciate you trying to give a reasonable explanation. I guess there is always the option to not reply to my question. Again the paramount thread was posed as a question. I guess some will continue to view it as a put-down of steel/old bikes. It wasn't, but I can't change what people want to believe.

PS....shelbytv is still a dickbag
Potty mouth You're lucky it's me you are calling names, anyone else and you'd be long gone. Seriously, if you want to be a flipper you should take some time to learn something about bikes so you can make your own judgement as to whether you can make a profit. If not, at least be honest. You've exhausted your shtick of looking for your first bike to ride 20 miles.
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 04-28-23, 06:45 AM
RoadWearier

Still a sad dickbag
Old 04-28-23, 06:54 AM
RoadWearier

Originally Posted by Jeff Neese
It's not stalking, it was a simple ad-hoc search that anyone could do. Some of your responses seemed a bit off so he got suspicious that you were being disingenuous, and now we know not to spend much time trying to help you.

Is that the royal "we"? Glad you speak for everyone on here.
I've already got the enough info from nice helpful people on here. Feel free not to respond to my posts. In fact, please don't. You and Shelby can get together and feel each other's manboobs for all I care.
Old 04-28-23, 07:09 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3674 Post(s)
Liked 5,437 Times in 2,763 Posts
You seem to have a weird obsession with my manly parts. Hey, you've got some good climbing there. I remember Suck Creek, Sand Mtn and Burkhalter Gap from the old 3S3M. Take one of your stable and give those a go.
Old 04-28-23, 07:34 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11971 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts
Closed for moderator review.
Old 04-28-23, 08:17 AM
RoadWearier