Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

SRAM Red Crankset on a Diverge Gravel Bike

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-23, 02:09 PM
BruceA78

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Diverge Expert Carbon & 2020 Specialized Sirrus 6.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 28 Posts

I currently have a 2022 Diverge Expert Carbon which has a 1x SRAM Rival Wide Crankset, I have been looking at upgrading to a PowerMeter and at the same time have contemplated upgrading the Crankset to a SRAM Red Crank Set 12 Speed 40t Direct Mount DUB and eventually moving the older SRAM Rival Crankset and Rear Derailleur over to another bike. Would the SRAM Red Crankset be compatible with my current bike or would there possibly be chain interference since the SRAM Red wouldn't be considered "wide" enough to use with the 700x42 tires I currently run? I have no complaints with the current setup but want to start moving my other bike over to wireless shifting and if I am investing in a powermeter I figured may as well go all out and upgrade the crankset too.
Old 06-22-23, 07:17 PM
tFUnK

Bikes: Too many bikes, too little time to ride

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 318 Posts
I don't think you'll have a problem as 42mm tires really aren't considered that wide (or at least I've never had to worry about my crankset/chainline with 42mm tires on old school CX/gravel frames). But that's not to say that you won't have issues if you go with 45mm or 47mm tires sometime down the road.