Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Gazelle AA Super Champion Mondial Monostay Frame/Fork

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-24, 10:41 AM
hazetguy 
only here for the "LIKES"

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked 2,245 Times in 1,053 Posts

For Sale: Very rare Gazelle AA Super Champion Mondial MONOSTAY frame/fork.

The "bad" stuff first: It's been repainted, not the original style/pattern, not the best job, but satisfactory for a rider. Paint has many chips, but there are no dents in the tubing. WRONG DECALS, especially the tubing decal. This is NOT Tandem tubing, whatever that is. This is a full 531 double butted frame and fork. When I bought this, I bought it more for the rarity, rather than originality.

English threaded Cinelli bottom bracket. 126 rear dropout spacing (factory spec), 100 front dropout spacing. 27.2 seatpost. Very tight rear triangle, seat tube is FACTORY indented for tire clearance. I think the maximum tire size you can run is 23mm, but *maybe* some 25's would fit. Has Tange Levin CD headset. There are lots of threads at the top of the steerer tube (hence the multiple spacers), so you should be able to use a taller stack headset without issue, like a Stronglight or similar. Top tube has internal cable routing. I left old cable in there to make running a new cable easier. This has the shifter boss on the top center of the downtube. Braze on tab for front derailleur.
Size is: ~57.5cm center of bottom bracket -to- top of seat lug dimple, or 56cm center of bottom bracket -to- center of top tube, and 56cm center to center of the top tube.
I don't know what year this is from, but this frame first appeared in the 1984 Gazelle catalog, and the last one it was in was 1989, so somewhere in there. If you wanted to do more research, you can find Gazelle catalogs here: https://www.gazellechampionmondial.nl/brochures.html

When I bought this I rode it a bit, but found that the front brakes were off to one side a little bit, and that the wheel wasn't sitting quite squarely in the fork. I did not want to ride it like that, so I used the components on other projects, and the frame hung in my basement. I did not want to sell it with a known issue, so I just had the frame and fork checked, fork straightened, and everything aligned. Nothing was "off" very much, just needed some minor adjustments. It is now ready to build and ride.

I'll do my best to answer any questions you have, and am more than willing to take more pics of specifics you'd like to see.

Many pics here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBnon3

$275 net to me, plus shipping.
Lower 48 USA states shipping only on this. Send your zip code and I can get you a shipping estimate.
Paypal preferred, or USPS money order.

Thanks

Last edited by hazetguy; 04-30-24 at 05:15 PM.
Likes For hazetguy:
Old 04-22-24, 12:07 PM
romperrr 
Pedal to the medal

Bikes: 1991 Team Miyata Track, 1992 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 19?? Schwinn High Serra, 1982 Trek 614, 198X Raleigh Alyeska

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 210 Times in 136 Posts
damn, i didn't need this temptation this morning, but then again, I am courting temptation by being on this forum! I'll resist, for now, as I just picked up a new project.
Old 04-30-24, 05:14 PM
hazetguy 
only here for the "LIKES"

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
Liked 2,245 Times in 1,053 Posts
Final price drop.
Old 05-01-24, 05:15 PM
CV-6 
If I own it, I ride it

Bikes: Lejeune(14), Raleigh, Raysport, Jan De Reus, Gazelle, Masi, B. Carré(4), Springfield, Greg Lemond, Andre Bertin, Schwinn Paramount

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 312 Posts
So glad this is not a cm or two smaller. I could make it work as is, but it would not be pretty.

Lynn Travers

Photos

Old 05-02-24, 03:34 PM
Lamont Cobb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 37 Posts
I understand. Correct sizing is important. Although the bike I'm restoring now is way too small for me, so I guess that makes me a kind of hypocrite.