Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Frame Painting: stuck Al seatpost in carbon frame

Search
Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-23, 04:44 AM
sykkelnerd96

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an old 27.5 mtb carbon frame that i want to spray paint. The frame itself is in carbon and the seatpost is aluminium. Frame and seatpost is totally stuck. My plan is to use some kind of sealant and make the transition smooth from the frame to the seatpost, then paint the whole frame and seatpost in one go. I see that a lot of the primers on the market is specifically made for either carbon or aluminum. The question is: What kind of primer should i use? Anything to consider while spray painting carbon and aluminum in one go? Any tips in which sealant to use?

Thank you!
Old 08-16-23, 06:27 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,714 Times in 2,532 Posts
You should get the post out. The LBS uses Coca-Cola
Likes For unterhausen: