Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Is this viable? Any help will be appreciated :)

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-11, 10:51 AM
Jadsta

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, I was looking around to try and find some answers but couldn't find any other posts regarding this sort of thing, so I decided to make an account and post here. I'm buying a mountain bike and want it to be capable of both riding well on most terrains and performing tricks like in videos by Danny Macaskill, etc.

This is the bike I am most likely going to buy, and I am wondering if you could tell me if it is viable enough to do decent jumps, 360's, flatland tricks, etc. I really don't know because the frame seems to be much wider vertically, and all of the videos I have seen have much smaller frames.

Here is a link to the exact bike: https://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType...&pt=10&pg=7287

I know I could simply get a BMX or a "trials" bike (not completely sure what that is yet, I'm new to biking), but I wanted a bike that can be used as a normal/fast-ish riding bike as well as a trick/street bike.

Any help will be really appreciated Thanks
Old 03-13-11, 01:40 PM
Jadsta

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can anyone help me out? I know it's probably a very novie question but I really could use any help.
Old 03-13-11, 01:51 PM
theextremist04
Señor Member

Bikes: CAAD10CAAD10CAAD10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Honestly, in your budget, anything is going to be a compromise. None of the parts on that bike are going to last through heavy street usage. It should be a decent bike, but don't expect miracles.

EDIT: you're going to be spending years on the basics to learn like Danny Macaskill. It'll be fine for any of that.
Old 03-13-11, 01:57 PM
Jadsta

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks I know the budget is pretty low, I havn't used a bike since years ago and just wanted to get into it again. When searching around to buy a bike I saw some videos and thought it would be great if I could buy a bike and also learn to try and do a few tricks at the same time with it. As long as I can do a few basic tricks and jumps I'm happy.