Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Methods for covering up a bike during rain/snow

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Methods for covering up a bike during rain/snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-23, 01:01 PM
Bowyn11
Bowyn11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Wut. Winter cycling is riding a bike during winter.
Thanks, I know that now.
Old 12-11-23, 02:06 AM
lex further

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
fwiw I'm getting my money's worth out of this Puroma Bike Cover

just air it out from time to time & wipe the bike down, from any condensation you get up in there. when it is dry, take the cover off, put it back when rain/snow is expected.

also wind will push your bike, especially with a cover like this on it, so plan ahead for strong gusts to keep the bike upright, like keep it near a wall or something
https://youtu.be/N_E1vMKde38?si=nouWKmeCvpmu9V3T
I have this cover too. Great investment! Have it for two years now and it is still in a perfect condition. Another great investment was to find service which can write a paper for me https://domypaper.com/, so i can concentrate on my cycling instead. Those kind of tasks are very boring for me, cause that requires many hours of my time and a lot of thinking. I am a very active person and it is very difficult for me to sit still for a long time.

Last edited by lex further; 12-20-23 at 03:33 AM.
Likes For lex further:
Old 12-14-23, 02:14 AM
Alan K

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 333 Times in 259 Posts
There were a few bike racks in the covered garage at work. Nice on snow or rainy days. But only if one gets there around 8:00 AM,

At home, all bikes live in the garage. If too wet or covered in snow when I return, the bike is quickly dried or the snow is brushed off before getting the bike inside. I do wash off salt from roads every so often during the winter time. This year our winter has been low on snow so no washing has been needed yet.
Old 12-14-23, 05:04 AM
Outrider1

Bikes: Trek Emonda ALR 5

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 140 Posts
Noted
Old 12-14-23, 05:24 PM
urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb
But leaving it on a balcony, unless it's a half dozen stories up, is like advertising. I'd find some way to lock the bike securely to the balcony.
When I first moved into an apartment, I kept my bike on the covered balcony... until I saw my nextdoor neighbor scale the side of the building to his 2nd floor balcony right next to mine. The bike moved into the closet that night.
Old 12-15-23, 02:53 AM
redshift1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Bowyn11
I bike all year long and I'm in Michigan where we see all manners of weather. I'm curious if anyone has any good methods for covering up bikes that might be left outside for a few hours in the rain and snow. I don't have enough storage at the moment in my apartment so I'm having to keep my bike on a balcony when I'm not using it. Any advice would be appreciated.
You may not have enough room on the balcony for this one but there are probably smaller versions available.

https://www.vevor.com.au/outdoor-sto...p_010926098140
Old 12-15-23, 08:10 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by redshift1
You may not have enough room on the balcony for this one but there are probably smaller versions available.

https://www.vevor.com.au/outdoor-sto...p_010926098140
that's cool
if I had a house w/ a yard I'd be tempted to try something like that but then I'd probably outgrow it & build an all-out shed