Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

High-step vs mid-step radmission?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-21, 05:34 AM
Birdbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm roughly 5'10 (about 5'9 and 3/4 late in the day) with an inseam around a bit over 33.5 inches (about 34.5 inches with shoes on), and I have a wingspan around 68.5 inches. So long legs and short arms.

​​​​​​should I get the high-step or the mid-step radmission? Does anybody here have similar measurements and ride the radmission?

i'm really struggling trying to figure out which size to buy.
Old 04-12-21, 12:48 PM
Dewey101

Bikes: '73 Raleigh Sports; 2017 Breezer Downtown 8 ST converted to ebike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Court Rye's EBR review of the Radmission included the following geometry measurements he took :

Mid-Step: 46cm Seat Tube, 57cm Reach, 63cm Stand Over Height, 80cm Minimum Saddle Height, 104mm Maximum Saddle Height, 68cm Width, 181cm Length, 112cm Wheelbase,
High-Step: 52cm Seat Tube, 58cm Reach, 76cm Stand Over Height, 87cm Minimum Saddle Height, 109mm Maximum Saddle Height, 68cm Width, 181cm Length, 112cm Wheelbase

RadPowers product page for the RadMission says: "
The high-step frame offers a 31” standover height for riders between 5’7” - 6’4”, while the mid-step frame has a 28” standover height for riders between 5’2” and 6’2”.

I'm the same height as you and find it more convenient to mount my mid-step Breezer bike so I'd go with the mid-step frame

Last edited by Dewey101; 04-12-21 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-12-21, 01:04 PM
Birdbikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks. Can I ask what your inseam is? I mainly worry about my legs being too long for full pedal extension, or my knees being too close to the handlebars.
Old 04-12-21, 04:29 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
The Standover height is what counts in relation to the length of your legs, i.e. whether you can stand with both feet on the ground and not damage your crotch. Mountain biks have been deigned to have as low a standover height as possible as riders can make unexpected stops and need to dismount quickly on trails. If you add a rear rack and use it to carry gear or groceries then the step through frames make this a lot more practical.