Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bontrager Verse vs Arvada

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-21, 11:46 AM
dvai

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Im trying to understand the difference. Both are classified as endurance for "position 3". I contacted Trek and they say both saddles are "different" and the new verse is not a replacement for the arvada but they can't give a solid answer. The verse is available up to 165 width and seems they replaced some women saddles with it too. Kind of a more "universal" saddle. But still don't see a difference.

I have an arvada now and after a long time of looking for the perfect saddle for me, is great but not perfect, so I was wondering if maybe the Arvada can give me that extra bit of comfort I was looking for.

Thoughts?
Old 01-07-21, 03:48 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 1,013 Posts
The Verse has a full cutout and has slight different sizes compared to the Arvada. Otherwise length is the same and the covering is different between the 2. I recently moved to the Verse from a Specialized Romin in 143 for 10 years and I like it, but just not super comfortable over 45 miles. I have not had that issue on the Verse in the 135 that I moved to.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 01-07-21 at 03:51 PM.