Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

New bike day goes wrong

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

New bike day goes wrong

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-23, 09:47 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,867 Times in 3,012 Posts
Someone else was saying that Canyon ship to Canada direct from Germany, while the US has it’s own local Canyon warehouse. So that would explain stock differences. It seems to me that Canyon is not very focused on North American sales in general. It’s very different in Europe, where they have a very large presence.
Old 07-18-23, 09:50 AM
PeteHski

Also worth noting that the Endurace is probably very close to a frame update in line with the new Ultimate which it is based on. So they may well be running stocks down ahead of a new release.
Old 07-18-23, 09:55 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4737 Post(s)
Liked 1,533 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Someone else was saying that Canyon ship to Canada direct from Germany, while the US has it’s own local Canyon warehouse. So that would explain stock differences. It seems to me that Canyon is not very focused on North American sales in general. It’s very different in Europe, where they have a very large presence.
Yeah, sounds right. It doesn't explain though why Germany doesn't ship to the US warehouses :-)
Old 07-18-23, 11:27 AM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Yeah, sounds right. It doesn't explain though why Germany doesn't ship to the US warehouses :-)
Who knows? I would guess it's something to do with import legislation direct from the EU into the US. Maybe having a US division gives them some breaks? Here in the UK they just ship orders direct from the factory inventory in Germany.
Old 07-18-23, 02:25 PM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

Bikes: 2023 Giant Defy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 24 Posts
Not sure you've been on the Canyon site again recently, but their offer is a bit adding insult to injury?

That is kind of insulting. Thanks for posting that.
Likes For Trey83:
Old 07-18-23, 03:45 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3952 Post(s)
Liked 7,299 Times in 2,947 Posts
Not sure you've been on the Canyon site again recently, but their offer is a bit adding insult to injury?
Originally Posted by Trey83
They offered free shipping to you as a courtesy, but you're insulted because they periodically offer free shipping on select models to other customers?
Old 07-18-23, 04:12 PM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 1,899 Times in 849 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
They offered free shipping to you as a courtesy, but you're insulted because they periodically offer free shipping on select models to other customers?
well I think it was. they offered to have him pay for shipping and then apply to have it refunded later, when everybody else just gets free shipping without having to pay for it first. I did contact Canyon and they told me the mix up was only on the 105 Di2 bike. they ensured that the other groups were not involved in the mix-up.
Old 07-18-23, 04:20 PM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

they told me I would have to pay shipping and then request for it to be refunded after the transaction. Now they are offering free shipping as part of a promotion to anyone. So they really are doing nothing for me that everyone else isn’t getting. Yes, I find that somewhat insulting.
Likes For Trey83:
Old 07-18-23, 04:46 PM
tomato coupe

Originally Posted by jadmt
well I think it was. they offered to have him pay for shipping and then apply to have it refunded later, when everybody else just gets free shipping without having to pay for it first. I did contact Canyon and they told me the mix up was only on the 105 Di2 bike. they ensured that the other groups were not involved in the mix-up.
they told me I would have to pay shipping and then request for it to be refunded after the transaction. Now they are offering free shipping as part of a promotion to anyone. So they really are doing nothing for me that everyone else isn’t getting. Yes, I find that somewhat insulting.
Canyon offered to you the same thing they are offering, for a limited time, to customers that buy select models. Their offer to you presumably did not have a time limit, and it likely would have applied to any model you ordered. But, if you find that insulting, that's your prerogative.
Old 07-18-23, 09:50 PM
tomato coupe

If you want to continue sticking up for the company that messed up the order in the first place, please get your facts straight. Canyon US is offering free shipping on every bike for a limited time not selected models as you keep mentioning. This is including the discounted outlet bikes. But maybe if you extra bold your words it will make it true. You might want to consider picking one up with the great deal they are having. Might I suggest an Endurace with Di2 😉

You're correct, stating it in bold does not make it true. But, reality makes it true. I stopped counting when I reached 30 Canyon models that are not included in the present free shipping offer.
Old 07-18-23, 10:48 PM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

You're correct, stating it in bold does not make it true. But, reality makes it true. I stopped counting when I reached 30 Canyon models that are not included in the present free shipping offer.
And I deleted my post when I found one that didn’t offer free shipping. The first dozen I checked including the discounted outlet bikes all offered free shipping. You win. Is that what you are looking for?
Old 07-19-23, 04:12 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Were you charged for shipping on the original bike, and will that be refunded to you? It should be, since the shipping in itself was faulty, if you consider part of this service the actual correct picking of inventory off the shelf.
Old 07-19-23, 06:25 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Screw them! As I said a few posts above, they probably lost a lifetime customer
Old 07-19-23, 07:41 AM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

Were you charged for shipping on the original bike, and will that be refunded to you? It should be, since the shipping in itself was faulty, if you consider part of this service the actual correct picking of inventory off the shelf.
Yes I was charged $99 for the original shipping and that will be refunded. Canyon has a free 30 day trial on all bikes except the outlet bikes. If you aren’t happy with the bike within 30 days they will take the bike back and cover shipping both ways. It is a pretty awesome policy.
Originally Posted by eduskator
Screw them! As I said a few posts above, they probably lost a lifetime customer
I wouldn’t say they lost me forever necessarily. But they definitely lost this sale and it will be something I have to consider when shopping in the future. I plan to buy my son his first drop bar road bike for Christmas and I am not sure If I will be ready to consider them at that point. We’ll see.
Old 07-19-23, 07:44 AM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

UPDATE: The bike was estimated to be delivered on Monday but got held up by FedEx. It is showing as out for delivery today. So I am curious to see how long it take for Canyon to inspect and issue the refund. I will update accordingly.
Likes For Trey83:
Old 07-19-23, 08:21 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Hope the inspection is just "yep, it's a medium bike in this box and not a similar weight of bricks".

Old 07-19-23, 10:34 AM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

Originally Posted by himespau
Hope the inspection is just "yep, it's a medium bike in this box and not a similar weight of bricks".
That’s pretty much what it should be. I have dozens of pictures of the bike showing it to be damage free and well packaged so I am not worried about it. If there is damage it’s from FedEx and I can prove it. I never even finished tightening the seat post set screw because that’s when I realized the issue.
Old 07-19-23, 04:08 PM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

Update: FedEx is now showing the bike as undelivered: refused by recipient.

I noticed after re-reading the email with the return label it states “Once we receive your product, please allow 10-15 business days to be refunded. Note, Affirm and PayPal refunds do require additional processing time”. So according to them it takes two to three weeks from when they receive the bike for me to get a refund. I am already two weeks into this and I have no bike or money. Now the package was supposedly refused?

This is ridiculous and I will be calling Canyon tomorrow. I may be immediately following that call up with my credit card company to dispute payment. They sent me the wrong bike and now me and my money are stuck in limbo with all of this nonsense.

Old 07-19-23, 04:38 PM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

I spoke with Canyon and their customer service rep said that it not possible to refuse a package. I asked to speak to a supervisor which they refused claiming one wasn’t available and that they would email me. Minutes later I get an email apologizing for the necessarily long refund process. However it summarizes that there is nothing they can do but wait to receive the package and issue the refund within 10-15 business days.

meanwhile I am on the phone with FedEx and the representative confirmed that they refused delivery at 12:58 today and the package is in fact heading back to me which Canyon claimed wasn’t possible.

I am admittedly no a patient person despite making every attempt to be reasonable but this is beyond frustrating.
Old 07-19-23, 04:49 PM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 348 Posts
I spoke with Canyon and their customer service rep said that it not possible to refuse a package. I asked to speak to a supervisor which they refused claiming one wasn’t available and that they would email me. Minutes later I get an email apologizing for the necessarily long refund process. However it summarizes that there is nothing they can do but wait to receive the package and issue the refund within 10-15 business days.

meanwhile I am on the phone with FedEx and the representative confirmed that they refused delivery at 12:58 today and the package is in fact heading back to me which Canyon claimed wasn’t possible.

I am admittedly no a patient person despite making every attempt to be reasonable but this is beyond frustrating.
Thanks for keeping us posted. Hope it resolves quicker than it's shaping up to. Smokey
Likes For SpedFast:
Old 07-19-23, 04:50 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Did they supply the label?
Old 07-19-23, 04:56 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,443 Times in 1,802 Posts
Old 07-19-23, 04:58 PM
Trey83
Ride 2 wheels

Did they supply the label?
yes. It even includes their RMA number
Old 07-19-23, 05:45 PM
jadmt

Bikes: Handsome xoxo, Serotta atx, Canyon Endurace CF8

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 904 Post(s)
Liked 1,899 Times in 849 Posts
totally suxs. Fed-ex should be able to try and re-deliver. I would contact them altho they are hard to actually get ahold of a real person. probably an incompetent driver who tried to deliver to the wrong place. I have had that happen before.
Old 07-19-23, 05:51 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
If they supplied the shipping label, shouldn't the shipper that they're returning it to also be them?

Likes For himespau:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.