Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going to the Denver Veloswap? Or been?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-10, 04:49 PM
WJV

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are any C&V'ers going to be in Denver this Saturday? I was thinking about making the trip but would like some feedback before I start an adventure. Is it worth my time? I dont think I could justify a vendor's table but would bring a couple frame to sell as well as some parts. How are the prices? Im not looking to get rich but need to justify the two hour trip (and getting up early so I dont miss out on any of the deals!). Is it mostly new mountain stuff or a good mix?

I'd appreciate any/all comments. Or if you'd like to meet a fellow classic bike enthusiast I am always up for some good BS'ing.

Here is the link: https://veloswap.competitor.com/exhibitor-info/

Cheers,

WjV
Old 10-20-10, 06:20 PM
Iowegian

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
I've been before and will probably go again. I usually get a 'swapper's corner' entry for $20. This allows you to sell one bike in a special area set aside just for this. I usually just bring a bike to sell so I can get in early and scoop up deals before the masses arrive. And there will be masses! It is packed inside once things get rolling. There is a good mix of new and old but the prices on most of the new stuff isn't much below normal end-of-year bike shop prices. Lots of road and mtn, some BMX, etc but I'd guess 50+% is road oriented. Some folks have garage sale prices on things to just get rid of stuff and others are trying to get ebay prices. Vendors can set up on Friday night and I've heard of some great deals being had then but I've never attended Friday.

You will need a vendor's entry to sell much of anything. There are usually a few bikes chained up outside with price tags on them but there isn't much off-line selling activity going on that I'm aware of. If you only have a few things you might want to try to split a table with someone. I used to see CL ads for this but haven't seen any this year. Just noticed that extra vendor passes are now $20, used to be $10.