Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Juiced Bikes RipRacer

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Juiced Bikes RipRacer

Old 05-27-23, 08:35 AM
  #1  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Juiced Bikes RipRacer

This baby is on sale for $1,299 for Memorial Day weekend, and w/a coupon code is an additional $100 off (VIP100).

"CLASS 3 MODEL: The upgraded Class 3 RipRacer features a new G2 52-Volt 15.6Ahbattery (SGS Certified to UL 2271)"

Single speed, 4" fat tires, 28mph capable (if unlocked), 750 watt hub motor,...SWEET!!!

Just an FYI: I do NOT work for Juiced Bikes, I have no stake in this. I'm just passing this on, just in case someone here is interested.





__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Likes For tds101:
Old 05-27-23, 12:39 PM
  #2  
2old
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: socal
Posts: 4,184
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 863 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 591 Posts
Thanks; I "insulated" myself from jumping on one of these sales by building a 1500w hardtail which is rarely ridden because socal is notorious for turning road bikers into hood ornaments.
2old is offline  
Likes For 2old:
Old 05-28-23, 10:37 AM
  #3  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
I forgot to add the link to the sale,... https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/ripracer
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 05-28-23, 02:50 PM
  #4  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Short wheelbase, minimal suspension, quick steering geometry; likely for younger demographic that are just using it as joyriding toys, likely tons of fun, too... probably not ideal for young one with minimal public road riding experience.
Sometimes, I wonder the thought of targeted market for specific models from manufacturers; this one doesn't seem to promote responsible operation on public roads.
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-28-23, 04:44 PM
  #5  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Short wheelbase, minimal suspension, quick steering geometry; likely for younger demographic that are just using it as joyriding toys, likely tons of fun, too... probably not ideal for young one with minimal public road riding experience.
Sometimes, I wonder the thought of targeted market for specific models from manufacturers; this one doesn't seem to promote responsible operation on public roads.
Actually it's a general purpose ebike that's geared towards the ebike rider that wants range, power, simplicity, and IF UNLOCKED - speed. It's not a kids bike, as most ebikes aren't designed for kids. It's for commuting, joy riding gravel trails, cruising the beach and boardwalk. I don't know how "young ones" are being targeted, and how does in not promote safe riding?
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 05-28-23, 05:51 PM
  #6  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Price point, at its price, it seems to me that it is targeted for entry level rider, but its performance certainly isn't beginner.
Not many ebikes under $1500 have 52V system and capable of cranking out similar power output.
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-28-23, 07:34 PM
  #7  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Ummm,...ok
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 05-28-23, 08:21 PM
  #8  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Is it not true what I said?
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-28-23, 09:11 PM
  #9  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Is it not true what I said?
Not in my opinion.
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Likes For tds101:
Old 05-29-23, 06:40 AM
  #10  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Even the name itself: RipRacer.. doesn't seem to inspire "safe riding", "utility riding" or "comfort riding".
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 07:24 AM
  #11  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Even the name itself: RipRacer.. doesn't seem to inspire "safe riding", "utility riding" or "comfort riding".
Again, not my opinion. Goodbye,...
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 10:03 AM
  #12  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Anyone is entitled to their opinion; doesn't mean you get to ignore what's true.
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 11:38 AM
  #13  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
I didn't ignore the truth, but this guy seems to always make it up as he see's fit. Welcome to my ignore list. Have a wonderful weekend.
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 12:11 PM
  #14  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Do not respond to me in my post again, or continue to harass me. I've watched you argue with quite a few individuals in the forums before, and I want you to stop bothering me with your opinion, which is irrelevant in my thread.
Is that a threat to another forum member?
Just how are my posts harassment when clearly they are stating what's true about the RipRacer?
BTW, when things are true, they are not opinions, just facts.
Your thread? this is a public forum, no private discussions for anyone to own.
You can ignore me, but that doesn't change the facts about RipRacers that I've stated in my previous posts.
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 12:32 PM
  #15  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Is that a threat to another forum member?

It's forums rules, look it up. I highly doubt thet you're that ignorant that you don't know how this works.

Just how are my posts harassment when clearly they are stating what's true about the RipRacer?

Thats your opinion, learn the difference.

BTW, when things are true, they are not opinions, just facts.

Sometimes, I wonder the thought of targeted market for specific models from manufacturers; this one doesn't seem to promote responsible operation on public roads.


THIS IS AN OPINION, FROM YOUR FIRST COMMENT. Are you actually THAT BLIND OR FORGETFUL???

Your thread? this is a public forum, no private discussions for anyone to own.

When you're placed on the ignore list that means that person wants no interaction with you, so being in a public forum is irrelevant. You're refusing to accept this means you're quite immature, and don't like being told "NO"...

You can ignore me, but that doesn't change the facts about RipRacers that I've stated in my previous posts.

Exactly! It doesn"t chane the fact that what you've stated as "fact" is, in actuallity, your "OPINION". Are you actually that self rightous that you can't understand this? I've wathed you "debate others in threads, and when presented w/actual facts, REFUSE to accept the others information as anthing else but a falsehood. Now, when you stated eairlier that you believe your opinion is a fact? That lets me know you're not worth dealing with in the future.
Is there something I've missed here? Unbelievable.
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 12:46 PM
  #16  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Short wheelbase, minimal suspension, quick steering geometry; likely for younger demographic that are just using it as joyriding toys, likely tons of fun, too... probably not ideal for young one with minimal public road riding experience.
Sometimes, I wonder the thought of targeted market for specific models from manufacturers; this one doesn't seem to promote responsible operation on public roads.
Opinion all day,...
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 12:53 PM
  #17  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
Is there something I've missed here? Unbelievable.
Clearly, you've ignored my first sentence in my first post in this thread, which states facts about the RipRacer:

Originally Posted by cat0020
Short wheelbase, minimal suspension, quick steering geometry;.
Those are just facts about the RipRacer.

and my second post in this thread about facts of the RipRacer:
Originally Posted by cat0020
Price point, at its price, it seems to me that it is targeted for entry level rider, but its performance certainly isn't beginner.
Not many ebikes under $1500 have 52V system and capable of cranking out similar power output.

Sometimes, I wonder the thought of targeted market for specific models from manufacturers; this one doesn't seem to promote responsible operation on public roads.
Originally Posted by tds101
THIS IS AN OPINION, FROM YOUR FIRST COMMENT. Are you actually THAT BLIND OR FORGETFUL???


When a ebike model is named RipRacer from manufacturer; that clearly indicates it's meant for racing; not prioritized for public street usage.
That's not an opinion, just the named purpose from manufacturer.

Originally Posted by tds101
When you're placed on the ignore list that means that person wants no interaction with you, so being in a public forum is irrelevant. You're refusing to accept this means you're quite immature, and don't like being told "NO"...


You choose to put me on your ignore list and you respond to my posts, it's not my responsibility when you choose those actions.

You can ignore me, but that doesn't change the facts about RipRacers that I've stated in my previous posts.

Originally Posted by tds101
Exactly! It doesn"t chane the fact that what you've stated as "fact" is, in actuallity, your "OPINION". Are you actually that self rightous that you can't understand this? I've wathed you "debate others in threads, and when presented w/actual facts, REFUSE to accept the others information as anthing else but a falsehood. Now, when you stated eairlier that you believe your opinion is a fact? That lets me know you're not worth dealing with in the future.


What you choose to watch & respond is your own choosing, not my responsibility how you respond.
If you choose to ignore, just ignore; no need to respond with another post.
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 01:02 PM
  #18  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Clearly, you've ignored my first sentence in my first post in this thread, which states facts about the RipRacer:


Those are just facts about the RipRacer.

and my second post in this thread about facts of the RipRacer:



When a ebike model is named RipRacer from manufacturer; that clearly indicates it's meant for racing; not prioritized for public street usage.
That's not an opinion, just the named purpose from manufacturer.



You choose to put me on your ignore list and you respond to my posts, it's not my responsibility when you choose those actions.

You can ignore me, but that doesn't change the facts about RipRacers that I've stated in my previous posts.



What you choose to watch & respond is your own choosing, not my responsibility how you respond.
If you choose to ignore, just ignore; no need to respond with another post.
So, when a person uses proper forum protocols you choose to ignore the fact that you're in violation of forum rules. I couldn't actually care about what you're claiming, except for the fact that you're "assuming" the name signifies what you claim it to be. Again, opinion. Unless you're part of the development & marketing team at this company, all you've stated is an opinion. I can't help it that you're too ignorant to comprehend this fact. If you respond to me, in my post, after being put on the ignore list, it shows how truly childish you are. Facts vs opinion to you seems to be above your comprehension level.


Originally Posted by cat0020
Short wheelbase, minimal suspension, quick steering geometry; likely for younger demographic that are just using it as joyriding toys, likely tons of fun, too... probably not ideal for young one with minimal public road riding experience.
Sometimes, I wonder the thought of targeted market for specific models from manufacturers; this one doesn't seem to promote responsible operation on public roads.
There goes that dastardly "opinion" again. ​​​​​​​
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Likes For tds101:
Old 05-29-23, 01:28 PM
  #19  
cat0020
Ride more, eat less
 
cat0020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philla PA, Hoboken NJ, Brooklyn NY
Posts: 2,062

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked 723 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
So, when a person uses proper forum protocols you choose to ignore the fact that you're in violation of forum rules. I couldn't actually care about what you're claiming, except for the fact that you're "assuming" the name signifies what you claim it to be. Again, opinion. Unless you're part of the development & marketing team at this company, all you've stated is an opinion. I can't help it that you're too ignorant to comprehend this fact. If you respond to me, in my post, after being put on the ignore list, it shows how truly childish you are. Facts vs opinion to you seems to be above your comprehension level.
There goes that dastardly "opinion" again.
Yet again, you choose to respond to someone you ignore.
Seems to me, you don't even know the definition of ignore.
Calling me ignorant (insulting a forum member=violating forum rule) when you obviously don't know what it means.
cat0020 is offline  
Old 05-29-23, 01:53 PM
  #20  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Yet again, you choose to respond to someone you ignore.
Seems to me, you don't even know the definition of ignore.
Calling me ignorant (insulting a forum member=violating forum rule) when you obviously don't know what it means.
Again, I responded to a person who's in my thread, constantly refusing to follow forum rules. And yes, you are ignorant, as you attempt to gaslight, and turn things around in your favor, all while refusing to acknowledge that you shared your opinion, and not facts. This is exactly what you do to others in the forum. Being in my thread I respond as I see fit, considering you're too immature to respect the forum rules.

Now, even when I don't quote you, you commented in my thread. So that simply means you're a troll. 🧌
__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...

Last edited by tds101; 05-29-23 at 01:59 PM.
tds101 is offline  
Likes For tds101:
Old 05-29-23, 02:15 PM
  #21  
BillyD
Administrator
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 32,782

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 324 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11798 Post(s)
Liked 6,314 Times in 3,344 Posts
Originally Posted by cat0020
Anyone is entitled to their opinion; doesn't mean you get to ignore what's true.
Incorrect, he can ignore and decline to respond to any post he wants. So can you.

Now please leave this thread, do not respond further in this thread.
__________________
See, this is why we can't have nice things. - - smarkinson
Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
BillyD is offline  
Likes For BillyD:
Old 06-20-23, 06:53 AM
  #22  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
Cool First time riding the #RipRacer






__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Old 06-22-23, 07:49 PM
  #23  
308jerry
Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 88 Posts
Appears you've rode the Ripracer a few miles judging from the pics. What's your first impression of the bike, quality, components, ride? I just pulled the trigger on the Ripcurrent... I'll wait patiently for a few more days....
308jerry is offline  
Old 06-30-23, 06:54 PM
  #24  
FREEBIRD1
Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 206 Times in 106 Posts
I ride a fat bike in the winter (4.9 tires), I wonder how these would do in the snow?
FREEBIRD1 is offline  
Old 07-08-23, 09:09 AM
  #25  
tds101 
55+ Club,...
Thread Starter
 
tds101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somewhere in New York, NY
Posts: 4,229

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 554 Posts
A little 23 mile evening ride,...





__________________
If it wasn't for you meddling kids,...
tds101 is offline  
Likes For tds101:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.