Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

kid riding electric bike FAST on a sidewalk

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

kid riding electric bike FAST on a sidewalk

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-23, 06:55 PM
pbass

Bikes: 2016 Surly Cross Check, 2019 Kona Rove ST

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 313 Times in 211 Posts
Originally Posted by TC1
That behavior is nothing remotely close to "totally reliable", and in-fact, every competent vehicle operator has trained themself to decouple their hands and eyes. If you haven't done so, you are a danger to yourself and everyone around you, and you should only be walking.

For just one example, a very minimal standard of operator competency is to be able to look for cross traffic without swerving.

Several of the drills we use in both safe-driving and race-driving schools exist precisely to implement this training. The fact that there exist people like yourself, who believe it is acceptable for operators to only be capable of staring straight ahead or weaving all over the road, is testament to the abysmal standard of operator instruction that persists.

Last edited by pbass; 11-19-23 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-19-23, 09:11 PM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by pbass
So you decided to bail out on your first version of that reply (which had already been mailed out, by the way )?

That was a good decision. Let's hope you make another, and learn the basic skills necessary to operate safely.
Old 11-20-23, 11:56 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked 847 Times in 410 Posts
I'm thinking that you ride, maybe, a 68 cm frame. That's one seriously high horse you sit on.
Old 11-20-23, 12:22 PM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by blacknbluebikes
I'm thinking that you ride, maybe, a 68 cm frame. That's one seriously high horse you sit on.
If that ad hominem attack was addressed to me, my response is simply: Specify which part of my comment you disagree with.

a) that humans are capable of navigating a vehicle in a direction other than where their eyes are pointed
b) a vehicle operator who can only steer in the direction where their eyes are pointed is a danger to all others in the vicinity
c) all of the above

If you were going to answer (a), I'll save you the time by noting that with a little bit of training, a dog can do it
. If you're going to provide either of the other two answers, I invite you to explain your position in detail.
Likes For TC1: