Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

2001 Peugeot Tourmalet Derailleur Hanger

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-23, 02:21 AM
kimkk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to locate a derailleur hanger for the Peugeot Tourmalet from 2001.
Looks like there weren't a lot of them made so wondering if anyone knows anywhere to look? Or if it's even possible to source?
It was also called the Eurospeed, and has two bolts. I'm a new member so can't post a pic or a link unfortunately but it's the model with the thick upper tube (if you search 'peugeot 2001 tourmalet' on google it's generally got a lot of yellow on the frame).
Thanks in advance,
Kim

Last edited by kimkk; 05-20-23 at 02:22 AM. Reason: weird format
Old 05-20-23, 03:41 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood Classic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 280 Times in 195 Posts
Originally Posted by kimkk
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to locate a derailleur hanger for the Peugeot Tourmalet from 2001.
Looks like there weren't a lot of them made so wondering if anyone knows anywhere to look? Or if it's even possible to source?
It was also called the Eurospeed, and has two bolts. I'm a new member so can't post a pic or a link unfortunately but it's the model with the thick upper tube (if you search 'peugeot 2001 tourmalet' on google it's generally got a lot of yellow on the frame).
Thanks in advance,
Kim
Kim,
Try this site
https://derailleurhanger.com/

Is this it?
https://derailleurhanger.com/manufac...eot/pz-racing/

Here are a few more options
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...0&LH_PrefLoc=2

Last edited by JoeTBM; 05-20-23 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Added more info
Likes For JoeTBM:
Old 05-20-23, 05:31 AM
cobba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 53 Posts
I'm a new member so can't post a pic
On your user page, click on create an album and upload a couple of photos.

* You won't be able to post the photos in a comment but they can be seen by other users and other users can add your photos or a link to your photos in a comment.
Old 05-24-23, 08:36 AM
kimkk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks cobba! I uploaded some pictures
Old 05-24-23, 08:40 AM
kimkk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeTBM
Kim,
Try this site

Is this it?

Here are a few more options
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the Derailleurhanger site and couldn't find it (I uploaded some pics to my profile, if you're interested). I'm going to message one of the eBay seller on the link you sent though. They don't seem to have the exact one but very similar, so a bit of hope there!
Old 05-24-23, 09:35 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Posting pictures is super easy just get involved with the forums by posting in the many active threads and in no time you will be able to post pictures, You only need 10 posts but you will probably quickly exceed that if you enjoy bikes and talking about them the whole reason for this forum.

Wheels Manufacturing makes a lot of the aftermarket derailleur hangers so it is possible it could match up with one of those. Many manufacturers share hangers because the bikes are actually made in the same factory so it is just easier to use that same design for stuff. Some of the bigger companies may not do it as much but the smaller ones or those just buying bikes with their name on it will.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 05-25-23, 12:13 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the Derailleurhanger site and couldn't find it (I uploaded some pics to my profile, if you're interested). I'm going to message one of the eBay seller on the link you sent though. They don't seem to have the exact one but very similar, so a bit of hope there!
Picture assist

Old 05-25-23, 12:50 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

I looked also and cannot seem to find an exact match, I also checked on the Wheels Mfg site https://wheelsmfg.com/derailleur-hangers.html without luck, in fact they do not list any Peugeot frames at all.

In a pinch we have been known to take a hanger that is close and grind off excess material to make it fit in extreme cases.

Likes For JoeTBM:
Old 05-25-23, 01:11 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

I hate to ask this but are you sure about the name of the frame? Just for kicks and giggles I tried finding images of your model and the DER hanging looked different then what you posted but those pictures were not the best quality to blow up

Old 05-25-23, 10:38 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,061 Times in 745 Posts
Turns out Peugeot was owned by a big conglomerate (Our brands – Cycleurope} in 2001 who distributed/slapped various brand names on their bikes and were made in various places so looking to other brands may turn up something. You could try contacting them for a replacement but odds are slim they'll be of much help. This one from DerailleurHangers,com looks awfully close to what you have and fits many bikes from the same era as yours, but I can't guarantee it will work. Your eyes may be better than mine. Hanger 41 | DerailleurHanger.com
Old 05-25-23, 03:25 PM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Originally Posted by Crankycrank
Turns out Peugeot was owned by a big conglomerate (Our brands – Cycleurope} in 2001 who distributed/slapped various brand names on their bikes and were made in various places so looking to other brands may turn up something. You could try contacting them for a replacement but odds are slim they'll be of much help. This one from DerailleurHangers,com looks awfully close to what you have and fits many bikes from the same era as yours, but I can't guarantee it will work. Your eyes may be better than mine. Hanger 41 | DerailleurHanger.com
I thought so also and was going to suggest it but the OP's pic looks more like an "eagle beak" and the dropout are in his pic doesn't look deformed IMO.. I agree it is the closest.

Likes For JoeTBM: