Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-18, 03:43 PM
motosonic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH
Fabric does a horrible job of explaining their product lineup and models. They come in three "profiles" and five models.

Models are as follows starting with the heaviest and least expensive going up to the lightest and most expensive:
  • Sport: flexible plastic base and steel rails
  • Elite: flexible nylon base and CroMo rails
  • Race: flexible nylon base and titanium rails
  • Pro: flexible nylon base and carbon rails
  • Ultimate: flexible carbon base and carbon rails
Each of the models above are available in three different profiles including:
  • Flat: low, aero position
  • Shallow: between Flat and Radius
  • Radius: More upright riding position
I have a Radius Ultimate on my gravel bike. The flex is noticeable, very comfy on rough surfaces. It took a bit of getting used to as I thought I had a flat tire the first time I rode it.

I have a Flat Pro on my road bike. It does not seem to flex as much or I don't notice it as much over smooth roads.

-Tim-
Thank you both for the info. I think I'll try out a Shallow.. probably the best fir for me
Old 01-18-18, 08:08 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Rapha Classic Winter Jacket - $192
https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/c...duct/SJK08XXMD

This is made from Polartec Power Shield Pro. Polartec is amazing stuff and reports are that this is a top notch product, extremely warm.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 01-18-18 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-18-18, 08:12 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Originally Posted by motosonic
Thank you both for the info. I think I'll try out a Shallow.. probably the best fir for me
There are a couple of photos of the Ultimate Radius Team Edition in my Niner build thread.

https://www.bikeforums.net/19449665-post22.html

-Tim-
Old 01-22-18, 12:51 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Castelli Sorpasso bib tights - $102.71
https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp...jor=4&minor=12

Castelli Sorpasso Wind bib tight - $109.25 to 119.99 depending on size
https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp...jor=4&minor=12
Old 01-22-18, 02:09 PM
evan326

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Synapse 6 Tiagra + 2016 Cannondale CAAD 12 Dura Ace

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Been looking for some windproof tights, they only have the huge sizes left though
Old 01-22-18, 06:18 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Originally Posted by evan326
Been looking for some windproof tights, they only have the huge sizes left though
Keep in mind that one has to size way up for Castelli.

I'm 5' 8" and 186 lb. My Sorpasso Wind bib tights are XXL.

Also, the Sorpasso Wind bib tights lack wind protection in the crotch. Some people complain loudly about this as a major flaw in the garment. I use them down to the high teens farenheit and really don't notice. They are fine for me, plenty warm.

-Tim-
Old 01-22-18, 06:36 PM
evan326

Bikes: 2013 Cannondale Synapse 6 Tiagra + 2016 Cannondale CAAD 12 Dura Ace

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oddly enough I'm ok with their size charts. I'm M in thier bibs and jerseys,XXL would never fit. I wear S in specialized jerseys.
Old 01-23-18, 02:55 PM
Scott P

Bikes: 2015 Giant Defy 2, 2004 Gary Fisher Marlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pactimo is having a nice winter clearance. I picked up their Divide Wind Jacket ($66), toe warmers ($10) and socks ($6). I do like the quality of their stuff.
Old 01-23-18, 06:18 PM
aplcr0331
Hear myself getting fat

Bikes: Sir Velo A Sparrow

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott P
Pactimo is having a nice winter clearance. I picked up their Divide Wind Jacket ($66), toe warmers ($10) and socks ($6). I do like the quality of their stuff.
Thank you, that is an amazing sale. Got a nice jersey for $30 and free shipping.
Old 01-23-18, 09:01 PM
sooni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aplcr0331
Thank you, that is an amazing sale. Got a nice jersey for $30 and free shipping.
Took a look and I am perplexed at how a company that makes a "Canada" themed jersey does not sell/ship their products to Canada.
Old 01-23-18, 09:56 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 878 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by Scott P
Originally Posted by aplcr0331
Even better, if you sign up for their free member rewards program, it's easy to immediately get 250 points by signing up for the email newsletter and $10 off your first purchase. Got a jersey for $17. Going back to order more stuff since shipping is free. Thanks!
Old 01-24-18, 07:29 AM
Scott P

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Even better, if you sign up for their free member rewards program, it's easy to immediately get 250 points by signing up for the email newsletter and $10 off your first purchase. Got a jersey for $17. Going back to order more stuff since shipping is free. Thanks!
Plus you can get points for referring people who make a purchase. I just figured the referral link were prohibited, so I didn't list one. They have offered really good deals on their bibs in the past. I bought a pair of their Ascent Flash Bibs last year with a combination of a deal and rewards for $50. They were my first set of bibs, so I don't have anything to compare them to. But, I do like them and the fit is nice.

I bought an Ascent 2.0 jersey during their trade in offer last year. It is certainly a snug race fit jersey, but it is nice and light in the hot Houston summers.
Old 01-24-18, 10:44 AM
Tycho Brahe 

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts
Can anyone comment about the length of Pactimo gear? I rarely purchase clothes online since the fit is never right. According to their sizing chart, I am a medium (even small!) judging by my chest/waist/hips, but I am 6'1" (6'3" since most lie about their height), so shorter sizes tend to not be long enough. I do not want a loose fit.
Old 01-24-18, 11:22 AM
Scott P

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am 5'10", 175 lbs and wear a large in their jersey. It is a very snug fit and the length has not been a problem for me. The jersey I do have (Ascent 2.0) looks really small, but stretches to fit. I don't think erring on the larger size will result in a loose fit. Exchanges are free for the same items, so if it doesn't fit, you can exchange it for another size.
Old 01-24-18, 07:07 PM
realyfishy

Bikes: BMC Roadmachine01, Wilier GTS, Nishiki FS2

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tycho Brahe
Can anyone comment about the length of Pactimo gear? I rarely purchase clothes online since the fit is never right. According to their sizing chart, I am a medium (even small!) judging by my chest/waist/hips, but I am 6'1" (6'3" since most lie about their height), so shorter sizes tend to not be long enough. I do not want a loose fit.
I have quit a few of their jersey's. Their fit is fantastic. I'm 6'1, 175 & the xl fit perfect & I know what you mean about length. Doesn't fit, just exchange it!
Old 01-25-18, 08:13 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Arc'teryx Delta LT Half Zip - XL in Vermillion - $68.93
https://www.rei.com/product/110947/a...ip-jacket-mens

This is not a cycling specific garment but Polartec fabric is amazingly warm and I use it as a base and mid layers depending on the temperature. This is a very good price for high-end gear which can be worn on and off the bike.

-Tim-
Old 01-25-18, 12:13 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Steep discounts on Amazon right now for small size Serfas Speed Bag seat bags in orange and green only (currently $7 and $9 respectively, subject to change at vendor whim). Usual price is around $20-$24.

These are excellent seat bags. You'll be pleasantly surprised if you've only checked out the more commonly seen wedge bags from Topeak, JandD, etc., for general cyclists, or the Arundel, Lezyne and various ultra-compact bags more popular with roadies. The two discounted colors are a steal, especially if you're already an Amazon Prime subscriber.

I've already used the expandable medium Speed Bag for a year, switching it between my hybrid and road bikes. I got the small in orange for the road bike since I usually ride it only 20-30 miles and carry less stuff.
Old 01-25-18, 06:25 PM
Tycho Brahe 

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 67 Posts
Thanks for the advice on the Pactimo gear. I about 15-20 pounds lighter, which is why I have an issue with sizing. I need race fit gear, but that stuff cost money! My jerseys are either medium or large, so I was going to take a change on a large in performance/aero fit, but large sizes are sold out for every style.
Old 01-26-18, 02:48 AM
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command

Bikes: 3 Road Bikes, 2 Hybrids

Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Steep discounts on Amazon right now for small size Serfas Speed Bag seat bags in orange and green only (currently $7 and $9 respectively, subject to change at vendor whim). Usual price is around $20-$24.
Whim is spot on. I just checked at 3:45 Indianapolis time and the orange is up to $13.34 and the green is now $8.18. Amazon's pricing seems unbelievably random.

I'm going to keep an eye on these, but won't be able to make a purchase until February. Thanks!
Old 01-26-18, 11:55 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
Whim is spot on. I just checked at 3:45 Indianapolis time and the orange is up to $13.34 and the green is now $8.18. Amazon's pricing seems unbelievably random.

I'm going to keep an eye on these, but won't be able to make a purchase until February. Thanks!
Bit of a digression but after watching Amazon for several years, since we've been Prime subscribers, I have a guess about price fluctuations.

Slow moving items, such as odd colors or sizes, are discounted. Then the accounting and speculation brownies go to work.

My theory about how Amazon automagically tracks the following:
Overall views of those specific items.
Return views by the same customer.
Items placed in a customer's wish list.
Items placed in the cart but not purchased immediately.
Delays after the time items are placed in the wish list or cart.

I've noticed that when I place items in my wish list and/or cart, the price fluctuations begin. Usually down a bit, from a few cents to a few dollars.

If I don't purchase immediately, the price creeps up again.

If I take a few more looks at an item, it suddenly decreases in price again. Nudge-nudge-nudge.

Over the past couple of weeks I've watched this with Schwalbe One V-Guard tires I've placed in my wish list and cart. I really want the 700x25 tire, but it's either not available from some vendors, or double the price of the 700x23. So I've messed around with putting certain tires in the cart, leaving them overnight, then deleting them from the cart or moving them to the "save for later" option, to see if it nudges the price down.

Over the past week the 700x23 Schwalbe One V-Guard in my cart started at $36, dropped to $26 when I didn't buy immediately, then up to $29, then back down to $28, then down to $26 again.

But I really wanted the 700x25 and those were closer to $50. So today I just said screw it and bought a pair of Continental Ultra Sport II in 700x25 because it was only $39 with same day delivery. Mostly I just want to try the slightly bigger tires to compare comfort on rough chipseal, without spending too much. And my rear Schwalbe One V-Guard was slashed in three places by broken slate that fell off a construction truck, so while it hasn't bulged yet I'm getting nervous watching those cuts every time I ride.

Anyway, if you're a Prime subscriber, you might try messing around with Amazon's pricing algorithm just to see if it works for you.

BTW, this is why I do most online shopping via a browser that enables most tracking, and stay logged into Amazon full time. I get more updates on price changes in items I'm interested in. And it may nudge their pricing favorably.

Last edited by canklecat; 01-26-18 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-26-18, 12:16 PM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4739 Post(s)
Liked 1,533 Times in 1,004 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
I've noticed that when I place items in my wish list and/or cart, the price fluctuations begin. Usually down a bit, from a few cents to a few dollars.

If I don't purchase immediately, the price creeps up again.

If I take a few more looks at an item, it suddenly decreases in price again. Nudge-nudge-nudge.

so, by implication, I think you're implying that if you had someone next to you with a different computer or IP address, and they looked at the same product, they'd see a different price?
Old 01-26-18, 12:23 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
so, by implication, I think you're implying that if you had someone next to you with a different computer or IP address, and they looked at the same product, they'd see a different price?
In a few instances, yup.

In late 2016 when I bought my hybrid's Continental Speed Rides I got a notification they were available for $20 a pair for that day only. When I checked that price via Chrome, which was always logged into Amazon, that was the correct price.

When I double checked via Firefox, with tracking disabled, not logged into Amazon, Google, etc., the price was the usual $23 for each tire.

Same thing in summer 2016 when I bought a pair of Pearl Izumi Canyon shorts in green plaid for $23, again for that day only. When I checked that same item simultaneously via Firefox -- not logged in, tracking disabled -- the price showed $58.

I don't know whether Amazon still does that for Prime subscribers. I haven't double checked items like that for awhile. Amazon has changed some prices policies. For example they no longer offer price matching on any items other than some TVs.
Old 01-28-18, 10:50 AM
NewATBikeComute

Bikes: Trek 800 Sport,Cavelo Gara

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 6 Posts
2010 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3, $900

Saw this ad for the above; note that the banner on craigslist says it is Di2; it is not. I chatted with the owner, and sounds legit otherwise. Based on his other ads, owner is leaving to return to Europe.

Specialized Tarmac SL3

Old 01-29-18, 01:38 PM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Merlin is having another sale on some top brands. Shimano/Campag additional 10% Schwalbe tires. I picked up two of the new Schwalbe Pro One's tubeless for $43.50 ea vs. normal price that I find which are closer to $80ea. Picked up a full Dura Ace 9150 group for $2137 last month.
Old 02-02-18, 05:37 PM
BiggFred

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
15% off lots of items and 2017 bikes at performance bike

15% off at performance bike. Great deals to be had on bikes and gear. Some stuff doesn’t apply, but worth taking a look. Just picked up a Fuji SL 2.3, carbon c-10 frame and ultegra drive train for $1105 and then got $41 from ebates with a 3.5% cash back is a sweet deal. Not to mention 10% back in performance points. Happy shopping. 15% until Monday Feb 5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.