Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Ibis Szazbo with Goodies

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 11:09 PM
autostrada048

Bikes: Gitane Grand Sport De Luxe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Ibis Szazbo with Goodies

I have a later model Ibis Szazbo that im not sure what I should price it at. the specs are listed below.

Size: Small

Color: Warm Beer Metallic

Wheels: 26" Mavic X517 Ceramic rims, XTR hubs

Altek Shark fin brake levers

XTR groupset (hubs, shifters, rear derailleur, v-brakes and 9 speed cassette)

Cranks: Kooka Forged cranks with Vuelta chainrings

Grips: Onza Procupine

Tires: Onza Honch kevlar bead front and rear

Headset: Chris King 1 1/8" anodized gold

Fork: White Brothers Pro Forx SC72UL

LP carbon kevlar handlebars

Salsa liplock seatpost clamp

Thomson Seatpost

Old 07-15-23, 06:27 PM
jolly_codger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 150 Times in 67 Posts
This might be helpful: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...t-s-worth.html
John
Old 07-15-23, 06:58 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 3,776 Times in 1,849 Posts
Originally Posted by jolly_codger
That was my bike in that thread. with my research and info from that thread, I listed it locally in LA which is a big bike market (and in San Diego and San Francisco to expand market) for $550 for a few weeks with no interest. I listed it again a few weeks later at $475, got one inquiry. A couple of mountain bike geeks showed up and we talked for a good 30-45min about John Castellano, Ibis, etc. They loved the bike, thought the price was fair, but size was wrong (the geometry makes sizing weird) they really wanted the Ti version? and the paint flake was discouraging (not good adhesion on the paint, look at it sideways and it feel off). I listed it again a few weeks later at $375? No inquiries, planned on stripping the parts. Got a email from an old ad, I did not realize was still up. Guy came to look and much to my surprise he had no idea what the bike was? He just wanted something to ride the trails by his house, I was honest with him that he could probably get something more functional for less money, but he wanted it, so off he went. I gave him an additional discount $300-$325? since he was likely going to need to do some maintenance on the shock(s). I had almost no investment in the bike, financially or personally so I was happy to let it go for a decent price.

Yours looks better condition than mine. Yours is XTR mine was XT, plus all the other "goodies". That said, I think the market is very small for these bikes, I will echo the advice in the other thread that if you are willing to ship and want to get the best $$ ebay might be the best option. I had thought about finding MTB groups or forums and trying to market there, but never bothered. Cool piece of history, but valuable only to the right person. Good luck.

Last edited by SoCaled; 07-15-23 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added "goodies"
Likes For SoCaled: