Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

website with prices that are too good?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-20, 06:37 AM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 1,328 Times in 784 Posts

The selection is excellent, but there is nothing on the site about who or where they are; and the prices are so low (2xKenda k35 for $12!) that I'm suspicious.

As well, I was google searching for the Park MT-1, an entry popped up claiming to be from "allergycanada.com"; when I clicked the link I got the site above. https://allergy.com brings up a *completely* different site, dealing with allergy, not multi-tools.

What does the panel think?

Ok, now I'm really suspicious. I posted the link in my original post, and when I looked at the post there was a bunch of hyperlinked text that *I* did not type.

The site is
dot
ciidcise
dot
com

Whois gives a slightly incorrect address: 2139 Monroe Ave (there's no Ave, there is a St., zipcode matches). in Fort Meyers Fla that looks like it might be an undeveloped lot.

Last edited by oneclick; 10-25-20 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-25-20, 07:27 AM
Bob the Mech

Bikes: 2016 Trek Emonda S6 frameset, custom build (road). 1995 Dawes Genesis Reynolds 531 Competition frameset, custom build (road). 1996 Orange C16R frameset, custom build (retro MTB). Coyote Dual hard-tail, custom build (MTB).

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by oneclick
The selection is excellent, but there is nothing on the site about who or where they are; and the prices are so low (2xKenda k35 for $12!) that I'm suspicious.

As well, I was google searching for the Park MT-1, an entry popped up claiming to be from "allergycanada.com"; when I clicked the link I got the site above. https://allergy.com brings up a *completely* different site, dealing with allergy, not multi-tools.

What does the panel think?
I'm thinking I need a coffee and I won't be worried about things I can't do, things I can't see or things I can't change... Not unusual for the world wide web to have spurious web links. Sometimes it's done with malevolence, sometimes bad web coding, sometimes it's a marketing ploy to increase vistor number counts and sometimes pure ignorance...nothing to lose sleep over.

Caveat emptor..."let the buyer beware."
Old 10-25-20, 07:34 AM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked 1,292 Times in 611 Posts
I bought some super cheap NOS tires online once. They arrived quickly and were the brand and model described and had obviously never been mounted. Mounted the first one up, aired it up and hundreds of little age cracks reared their ugly little "voids". Kenda K35's for $12 each is one thing but a pair for $12? What were shipping charges? The new owners of NASHBAR started offering decent tire prices again but OMG the shipping!!!! You are very wise to be suspicious. If it sounds too good to be true 99.9999% of the time it is.
Old 10-25-20, 07:37 AM
GMS 
Bike Dealer since 1972

Bikes: Some of the bikes I've collected: Raleighs ( about 20), Trek ( oldest 1978 770 Columbus tubes), Mercian, Condor, Bob Jackson, Falcon, Holdsworth, Jacques Anquetil, Bianchi, LeMond, Cannondale, Schwinn, Iver Johnson, Dunelt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 29 Posts
I ran the site through website scanner and it detected malware
https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/