Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Experience riding down the Inn River from Nauders west to Lake Como

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-22, 08:40 AM
raybo
Bike touring webrarian

Bikes: I tour on a Waterford Adventurecycle. It is a fabulous touring bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 94 Times in 53 Posts

I am planning yet another bike trip that likely won't happen. This time, it is a loop from Trento, Italy. It will head north to Merano, over to Nauders, Austria via the Reschen Pass, and then west to Zernez. From there, to Lake Como and then making my way back to Trento.

Has anyone ridden west from Nauders? There is a Swiss bike route that goes through the forest south of the Inn River (the road goes north of the river). Here is a link to a partial route.

I will be riding a Bike Friday and with its smaller wheels I wonder what the condition of the dirt paths in this area are like? The Bike Friday can handle hard packed dirt and gravel, as long as it isn't too big. Tree roots, rocks, and bumps aren't the best on the Bike Friday.

Note that there is also a paved 2-lane road through this valley which likely has lots of bikers on it, but I'd prefer car-free paths, if possible on the BF.

Any first hand information about this route would be useful.