Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Selle Anatomica Sale

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Selle Anatomica Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-13, 02:43 PM
PMK

Bikes: 2006 Co-Motion Roadster (Flat Bars, Discs, Carbon Fork), Some 1/2 bikes and a couple of KTM's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Selle Anatomica Sale

After reading about how TandemGeeks stoker had good results with a Selle Anatomica, I thought we might see how it worked for my stoker at the next worn saddle replacement. Inquired at the local shop and found the sale while deciding upon which saddle model.

Selle Anatomica is having a Holiday sale. $99, any saddle, almost 50% off.

https://www.selleanatomica.com/

Just a FWIW, if it helps great if not no worries.

PK
Old 11-05-13, 03:40 PM
uspspro
Tandem Mountain Climber

Bikes: Calfee Tandem, Litespeed Gravel, SuperSix Evo HM, Larry vs. Harry Bullitt (e-cargo)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
This is the only saddle me wife will use on the tandem or her single.
Old 11-06-13, 12:24 AM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
+2 on the Sella Anatomica for tandems . Most comfortable saddle hands down. Only draw back is the weight and you have to adjust as they wear(very easy to do.) We keep trying to use lighter saddles but keep returning to the Sella for week long rides. No breakin required.
Old 11-06-13, 12:51 AM
PMK

Bikes: 2006 Co-Motion Roadster (Flat Bars, Discs, Carbon Fork), Some 1/2 bikes and a couple of KTM's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
We have two in the mail. One for the road tandem and one for the MTB tandem. Ordered two different versions, based the choice from their site.

I heard they are heavy when compared to a lightweight saddle, we will manage somehow.

PK
Old 11-23-13, 09:32 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Good deal!
Old 11-28-13, 07:55 AM
Sprout97 

Bikes: 2004 Co-Motion Speedster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice price. I hope Santa brings me one .

Learn from other people's mistakes. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

2004 Co-Motion Speedster
2010 (Specialized) Carmel comfort (my neighborhood bike)
2008 Raleigh comfort (wife's neighborhood bike)
Old 12-05-13, 07:20 PM
Hibonite

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With all of their saddles on sale, it sounds like they are coming out with new models next year. Anyone heard anything?
Old 12-06-13, 12:45 AM
akexpress 

Bikes: 2015 Calfee Tetra tandem,2016 Calfee Tetra Adventure Tandem, Ventana ECDM 26 mtn tandem, Ventana ECDM 29r full suspension Mtn tandem ,Ventana Fat tire tandem, Calfee Dragon Fly, Santa Cruz Carbon 5010, 907 Whiteout fat tire

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hibonite
With all of their saddles on sale, it sounds like they are coming out with new models next year. Anyone heard anything?
They are testing right now as they contacted people to be beta testers unfortunately we were not among them but they did give us an additional 10% off. We just are not riding enough miles in the winter to be good testers.
Old 12-07-13, 12:44 PM
Latif

Bikes: Seven Axiom steel, Salsa Vaya,Specialized Sectuer, Santa Cruz 5010

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got the same offer but didn't ride enough so have the extra 10% in front of me. I've already got one from 2012 and it's a great saddle but I do sometimes notice the rubbing on my inner thighs and am tempted to try adding a couple small holes on each side to enable lacing it tighter as I've seen others suggest. I've been looking for pics of that mod but haven't found them yet so if anyone has a link I would appreciate it.
I'm thinking I'll take advantage and get one the newer harder leather options and perhaps sell the graphite one I've got now that I just put on my Salsa Vaya. I'd had it on my steel Seven road bike for over a year but am trying lighter "racier" options having fallen into the rabbit hole of the saddle world.
Old 12-07-13, 10:57 PM
akexpress 

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Latif
I got the same offer but didn't ride enough so have the extra 10% in front of me. I've already got one from 2012 and it's a great saddle but I do sometimes notice the rubbing on my inner thighs and am tempted to try adding a couple small holes on each side to enable lacing it tighter as I've seen others suggest. I've been looking for pics of that mod but haven't found them yet so if anyone has a link I would appreciate it.
I'm thinking I'll take advantage and get one the newer harder leather options and perhaps sell the graphite one I've got now that I just put on my Salsa Vaya. I'd had it on my steel Seven road bike for over a year but am trying lighter "racier" options having fallen into the rabbit hole of the saddle world.
Rivet cycle works makes a saddle that addresses this problem. She was the girlfriend of the Anatomica designer when he was killed.
Old 12-08-13, 11:04 AM
cajoe

Bikes: 1994 Santana Sovereign tandem, 1999 Trek 5000, 1985 Specialized Allez SE

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have a Rivet and love it. A bit firmer than an SAA and beautifully made and no concern with splay. It did take a few hundred miles to fully break in, but those miles were pretty comfortable too. This article includes a little background on the company:

https://lovelybike.blogspot.com/2013/...t-saddles.html
Old 12-10-13, 10:48 AM
PedalPink

Bikes: 2010 Calfee Tetra Tandem, 2005 Co-Motion Primera Co-Pilot, El Conquistador de Montanas, Schwinn Twin

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just ordered two after strong recommendations from tandem friends who swear by them ... and the $99 offer. I also have a Brooks Cambium on order for a single bike.

We've tried a lot of saddles over the years. For us, winter is the time to experiment. Once we start logging miles in the spring, the "cost" of break in, and then returning to previous saddle, becomes too high.