Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Masters Racing (All Disciplines)
Reload this Page >

Lowest USAC License Number still active

Search
Notices
Masters Racing (All Disciplines) Race on the track or road or on your mountainbike in the Masters Category? Want to talk tactics, strategy and training with your peers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-23, 09:10 PM
Kai Winters

Bikes: Specialized Aethos, Specialized Diverge Comp E5

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 455 Times in 266 Posts

Alright all you old codgers it's time to show your true age...
Who has the lowest license number that is still active?
I decided to start 'real' racing again and went to the USAC??? where did the USCF go??? lol...site and tried to 'sign up'. I got a pop up telling me I was in the system ! ! ! Wow, didn't expect that at all. I figured after 20 years my account would have been deleted when they changed names. I had to call the membership office because I don't remember the password LOL ! I spoke to a very helpful person who changed me email addy and when asked told me my license number was still active and I could just renew it.

So my number is 42731 and I've had it since the mid '80's.
How many of you have an older license number that is still active??? I had a friend, passed on, who had a four digit number. He was also on the Board of Directors for the USCF and a great guy. That is the oldest I was aware of.
If your still racing...Chapeau to you and I hope to meet you on the field of honor some day.

I've not raced in over 20 years due to a near life ending crash that broke me up pretty good physically and mentally then a move to another state in which there is no licensed racing within an hours drive of my home and to top it off spending 15 years working 12 hour swing shifts for 60+ hours a week until...ta da...retirement several years ago.
I did continue to ride during this time but not much and nothing considered training until I retired and met a bunch of riders in the area and like an old war horse I smelled the testosterone and started training again. Two years of increasing fitness and riding a lot of local rides/races and doing well I've decided to take up a license again and race in the 65+ category...I'm 68.
Likes For Kai Winters:
Old 02-19-24, 03:11 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Chronologically old, 74, but I do not have a low racing number. I started racing USAC races in 2006. I have been on a racing team along with third party coaches doing approximately 10 race days per year. Last year, I planned only on one event going for a national record at the track in Mexico. Crashed during warmup. Recovered and training for a couple of bike trips to Europe this year and maybe Zwift racing although I seem to suck on the smart trainer...at least for now.

This forum is pretty dead. If you want to discuss racing, I suggest the 33 racing forum although, it is not much better.
Old 03-14-24, 03:57 PM
jesnow

Bikes: Pinarello Prince

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
59044, 63. Raced most recently two years ago, planning to pin the number again in May.
Old 03-22-24, 04:38 PM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts

I took advantage of the 13 month license in the 90s. If you renewed in, say, March sometime, your license was good until April. I didn't race after October usually, so I realized that the long game meant I could renew in Feb, then Mar, then Apr, etc, and when I renewed in Sept, I didn't have to renew until 2 Februarys later. It was a "buy 8 licenses, get 1 free" kind of a deal, and I was okay with that, the long game.

Well, my skip year was the year they became USAC, and because my license had expired, I lost my original number, 25664. I was a bit upset that I got this higher number until someone pointed out my license was the second part of the H4x0r code: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leet_31337_h4x0r.jpg

One of my teammates had 1892. 4 digits. He still raced every now and then. I don't recall if he has the same number now.

As far as my racing goes, it's not going well in crits. But on the track it's okay.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson