Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

1984 Bianchi road bike - what is it worth?

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-23, 04:13 PM
GlencoeDr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, my husband was recently diagnosed with Alzheimers so he won't be riding his bike again. He's the original owner, but never rode it very much. We'e just been moving it around from place to place as we've moved 5 times in the past 15 years. Now we're moving across country, so I'm looking to sell the bike. It looks to be in great condition other than a tad bit of rust, but no dents and is the original celeste blue with brighter blue tape on the handles. Looks like 24" frame and It has the built-in tire pump with Campagnolo on the breaks. I've gotten offers of $400 from FB Marketplace, but looks like it's worth more like $1,500? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a bike person and my husband can't help. I'd post photos, but apparently I have to post 10 times first - LOL.
Old 07-01-23, 04:54 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
Originally Posted by GlencoeDr
Hello, my husband was recently diagnosed with Alzheimers so he won't be riding his bike again. He's the original owner, but never rode it very much. We'e just been moving it around from place to place as we've moved 5 times in the past 15 years. Now we're moving across country, so I'm looking to sell the bike. It looks to be in great condition other than a tad bit of rust, but no dents and is the original celeste blue with brighter blue tape on the handles. Looks like 24" frame and It has the built-in tire pump with Campagnolo on the breaks. I've gotten offers of $400 from FB Marketplace, but looks like it's worth more like $1,500? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a bike person and my husband can't help. I'd post photos, but apparently I have to post 10 times first - LOL.

Good evening and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear about your husbands diagnoses. We'll do all we can assist you in determing a reasonable value

PLease send me some good pics showing some frame details and the parts on the bike and I'll get them posted. Depening on the exact model $400 may be a bit low but then again $1500 might be high. The condition also plays into value.

Send some good pics to BianchiGirLL@yahoo.com

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-01-23, 04:55 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
Liked 3,345 Times in 2,182 Posts
-----

Hello & welcome to the forum.

be this it?

​​​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​​​

-----
Old 07-01-23, 05:22 PM
GlencoeDr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, that is it! I just took more photos as well and realized that it is an nuovo alloro with ambrasio 19 extra super elite tires. I posted it on eBay for 1k with a $1,400 buy now.
Old 07-01-23, 05:33 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
Liked 3,345 Times in 2,182 Posts
-----

Hello again Glencoe Dr.,

Those values are way high.

At least there will be no worry about selling it at too low a price.

The Nuovo Alloro model is two or so models down from the top.

Me guesstimate would be that it can achieve between four and five hundreds while six to seven would be reaching. Values have declined somewhat recently as compared to what they were at the height of the pandemic.

The Bianchi experts shall be here shortly with some real world value estimates for you.

-----

Last edited by juvela; 07-01-23 at 07:00 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-01-23, 05:41 PM
GlencoeDr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah, thank you for the info! Looking forward to hearing the real value and then I'll adjust my ad. Thanks!
Old 07-01-23, 05:44 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
I think this is an '86 model but the brakes have been upgraded.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-01-23, 11:50 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
...$400 for a local sale on Craigslist or Facebook is about the current value of one of these in good condition. Maybe $500 for one that is really clean and in good mechanical condition.
I actually have one listed for sale locally here, at $400. So far no takers. I might delist it and relist in the Fall, when it cools off again.

It's a mid level Bianchi. Nothing wrong with the Nuovo Alloro, and in fact, I rode mine this morning. But it's a three tubes butted frame, which is a lesser Bianchi.

I have little experience with ebay, but I would think the shipping charges might make it hard to sell there.

There was one listed for a while in the Bay area for something like $1,000. But I think that was some confusion about all Bianchi bikes being worth a lot.
Old 07-01-23, 11:54 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
Here's one listed in my town at $900. Again, I think this person is confused about what level of Bianchi it is.
Old 07-02-23, 06:47 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 965 Posts
I think $400 is what I would put on it for local selling. I think $400 is high, I would let that go for less.
Old 07-02-23, 12:30 PM
GlencoeDr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. 66
I think $400 is what I would put on it for local selling. I think $400 is high, I would let that go for less.
Thank you all -- I've re-listed it for $400 and have someone coming by today. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't undervaluing it! I appreciate your help!
Old 07-03-23, 08:01 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
Yeah well..........................

You can get a pretty decent brand new bike shipped from China for free for between $200 to $400 now. So, really cool vintage bikes aren't selling as well now as they were back during the quarantine.

Spend a few hours really polishing it up. Lubricate and adjust. Make sure tires are pumped up to full pressure. Maybe somebody will show up & give you $250 for it.

Be good. Have fun.
Old 08-27-23, 01:05 PM
Dovetube

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Keyword

Be sure to include the word "Celeste" in your listing, people like this paint almost as much as Colnagos'.