Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Skewer for my Nashbar Fluid Pro

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Skewer for my Nashbar Fluid Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-21, 11:12 PM
WilliamK1974

Bikes: Schwinn World, Haro Flightline Sport, Gitane TdF

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Question Is this skewer correct for my Nashbar trainer?

Hey everyone,
I'm new to indoor fluid trainers, and recently bought a Nashbar Fluid Pro that’s missing its skewer. The Nashbar website says it will fit a skewer with a 135mm hub diameter The skewer on the bike I intend to use it with has a skewer with a hub diameter that's closer to 180mm. I called my LBS and explained this, and they sold me another skewer that they said would fit. Is this what a securely fastened trainer looks like? I do know the Nashbar site has a skewer for sale that’s supposed to fit a trainer, so if worse comes to worse, I can order it, but won't see it before the middle of next week. I just don't want to end up with an avoidable injury while bicycling indoors. I need to be able to use this due to health and fitness concerns.

Thank you,
-William

Last edited by WilliamK1974; 12-03-21 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Clarity for responses
Old 12-04-21, 10:45 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
William, I use an older Kurt rather than a Nashbar, but that looks pretty right to me. Put the QR in the wheel and the wheel on the bike, then mount it up and see. Ask again if it’s odd.
Likes For Road Fan:
Old 12-07-21, 11:01 AM
WilliamK1974

Bikes: Schwinn World, Haro Flightline Sport, Gitane TdF

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Hey Road Fan, thank you for your response. Just to be safe and assuage my curiosity, I went ahead and ordered the replacement trainer skewer from Nashbar. It’s a nicer skewer than the one the LBS sold me with a little more length, so it works better on this bike. Otherwise, it appears to fit in the trainer pretty much the same. I’ll have a go this afternoon and see what happens. Gonna have to find a step stool to get on the bike since it’s now higher than typical.

Last edited by WilliamK1974; 12-07-21 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Clarity
Old 12-07-21, 05:37 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by WilliamK1974
Hey Road Fan, thank you for your response. Just to be safe and assuage my curiosity, I went ahead and ordered the replacement trainer skewer from Nashbar. It’s a nicer skewer than the one the LBS sold me with a little more length, so it works better on this bike. Otherwise, it appears to fit in the trainer pretty much the same. I’ll have a go this afternoon and see what happens. Gonna have to find a step stool to get on the bike since it’s now higher than typical.
I totally expect two well-designed QRs to fit the same frame the same, so what you have just sounds normal.