Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Towel on bike to wipe sweat

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Towel on bike to wipe sweat

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-20, 10:20 AM
Hapsmo911

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Large handkerchief better known as a bandanna in a jersey pocket for me. I usually forget it's there. Great for times snot starts flowing out your nose too and you can't let it fly.
Same for me but I cut it in half. The normal bandana is just too big for me.
Old 07-18-20, 10:35 AM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
I use a skull cap under my helmet but sometimes that just isn't enough so I carry a small face cloth. Typically I ride in cargo type shorts and keep it in my pocket or a jersey pocket if I happen to wear one.
Old 07-18-20, 12:35 PM
holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 163 Posts
Try wrapping it around your neck

Likes For holytrousers:
Old 02-15-24, 04:46 PM
rickmarson

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is a product that does exactly that. It is called the "No Sweat Ride Rag" and is available on Amazon. It is the perfect solution.
Old 02-16-24, 03:04 AM
choddo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked 453 Times in 338 Posts
Even though the latest post here resurrecting this thread seems to be a blatant advert, this is an interesting question. I’ve found turning my head 90° looking at the ground and pushing on the front of the (Kask mojito) helmet can dump a lot of sweat and reduce the chances of it ending up near eyes.

Best done stopped or when at the back of the group and with shades hooked in the back of the jersey collar!

Surprised how much difference the design of the shades makes to how much ends up inside the lenses. Oakley Encoders hardly seem to get any.
Old 03-01-24, 08:47 AM
rickmarson

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
there is a product exactly for that.

Originally Posted by LostitoaBianchi
I was going to attach a small sports towel on my bike to wipe my hands and/or face with while riding on hot days. I could not find any posts of other people discussing such a thing. Im wondering if there is anyone out there with a neat setup that addresses the same issue. Right now I am leaning towards attaching a retractable badge holder to my handlebar/top tube with the towel hopefully being light weight enough to just sit on there until I pull on it.
There is a product made just for that. It is available at riderag.com. it works quite well.
Old 03-01-24, 09:43 AM
WaveyGravey

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked 127 Times in 88 Posts
A small terry cloth wash rag kept in the jersey pocket.