Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Hack related to Bikehand repair stand

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-23, 12:32 AM
MyRedTrek

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 27 Posts

I've got a Bikehand repair stand like the one pictured. Sliding the locking collar for the legs up and down was requiring more of a wrestling match due to increased friction. On a hunch I tried waxing the tube the collar slides on with Turtle Wax - the collar slides like a dream now even though the tube is a bit scratched up from friction. I wish I'd thought of doing this when it was new.

The quick-release is snug enough so there's no issue with the legs collapsing with the weight of the bike on it but it really makes a difference when setting it up and folding it up again.

Last edited by MyRedTrek; 02-20-23 at 08:50 AM.
Likes For MyRedTrek: