Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

World's fastest bike?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

World's fastest bike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-19, 08:55 AM
clengman

Bikes: '73 Schwinn World Voyageur, '98 Nishiki BSO

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by robnol
yeah its not hard to ride it takes 5 minutes to get used to....
Are you talking about Cruzbike recumbents specifically, or SWB recumbents generally? I haven't ever tried a recumbent, but I'd like to test ride one sometime. A few posters have mentioned that having the crank attached to the front fork and pivoting on the headset is a poor design choice. That makes sense to me. It seems like having the crank on a solid beam would make the bike easier to control, particularly at lower speed and when climbing.
Old 03-11-19, 02:15 PM
robnol
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by clengman
Are you talking about Cruzbike recumbents specifically, or SWB recumbents generally? I haven't ever tried a recumbent, but I'd like to test ride one sometime. A few posters have mentioned that having the crank attached to the front fork and pivoting on the headset is a poor design choice. That makes sense to me. It seems like having the crank on a solid beam would make the bike easier to control, particularly at lower speed and when climbing.
both actually ...if u test ride a recumbent u will have a false sense of what its like.... once u have mastered it and are confident on it u will really appreciate its nuances and characteristics

Last edited by robnol; 03-12-19 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-12-19, 08:35 AM
clengman

Bikes: '73 Schwinn World Voyageur, '98 Nishiki BSO

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 61 Posts
both actually ...if u test ride a recumbent u will have a false sense of what its like.... once u have mastered it and are confident on it u will really appreciate its nuances and characteristics
... so you've ridden a Cruzbike and it's not any harder to control when putting a lot of torque on the crank than say a Bacchetta?

It occurred to me that that's probably why the guy in the video was sitting up and pulling back on the handlebar when he was climbing; to better counteract the torque he was applying to the crank. If you look up "Cruzbike Go" on youtube you'll see a group of experienced cruzbike riders doing the same thing.

When the crank is on a solid beam I don't doubt that hard pedaling would still tend to swing the front of the bike back and forth a little bit, but it's not going to actually steer the bike like it seems to do on a cruzbike.
Old 03-12-19, 03:31 PM
robnol
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by clengman
... so you've ridden a Cruzbike and it's not any harder to control when putting a lot of torque on the crank than say a Bacchetta?

It occurred to me that that's probably why the guy in the video was sitting up and pulling back on the handlebar when he was climbing; to better counteract the torque he was applying to the crank. If you look up "Cruzbike Go" on youtube you'll see a group of experienced cruzbike riders doing the same thing.

When the crank is on a solid beam I don't doubt that hard pedaling would still tend to swing the front of the bike back and forth a little bit, but it's not going to actually steer the bike like it seems to do on a cruzbike.
my time on a cruz was short but I never felt like fwd was a bad thing
Old 08-18-20, 07:46 AM
satrain18

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
is this Kansas did I guess right
I’m guessing Alberta, Canada, since they use the metric system there.