Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Garmin 840 + Olight RN1500 on same mount (?)

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-24, 07:57 PM
jwill911
Riding is my addiction

Bikes: 2017 Orbea Orca,'06 Orbea Opal, 2019 Trek Checkpoint SL6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Just wondering if anyone else has mounted Garmin 840 + Olight RN1500 on same mount. I'd like to keep the top of the bars as clear/clean as possible. I have a few garmin out front mounts, standard and extended. My Olight RN1500 has a 1/4 turn mound same as the garmin. I'd like to mount that upside/down on the same mount. I have a K-Edge mount on my Gravel bike w/ a GoPro mount on the bottom with a 1/4 turn mount adapter but it's not long enough for my new 840 or I'd just swipe that one. I want to keep the Garmin at a good viewing angle and be able to adjust the light so I don't blind oncoming traffic. Googling I've found a "Thinvik Bike Computer Mount for Garmin", it's composite material and has the GoPro and 1/4 mount adapter for pretty cheap @ $12.99, so I just might buy that and see how it works. Also found an alloy "Thinvik Out-Front Extended Mount&Bike Computer Mount for Garmin,Adjustable Angle Gopro Combo Mount for Garmin Edge" which should also work. Now that I've rambled probably longer than anyone is willing to follow. I'll wait and see if I get any good been there done that replies.
Thanks,
John Williams
Old 01-27-24, 04:42 PM
John Valuk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 168 Times in 109 Posts
I don't know for a fact that your Olight RN1500 is dimensionally identical to the Magicshine RN1500, but to me, they look very similar.

The reason I mention that is that Magicshine sells the MJ-6500 ALLTY/RN Underneath Mount. If it works, that might be a nice way to have the light be oriented normally while mounted in an "underneath" configuration.

I became aware of that from a discussion where someone was interested in getting an StVZO-compliant light that could be mounted in an "underneath" configuration.