Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Spouses

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-24, 07:30 PM
northbend 

Bikes: 1937 Hobbs; 1977 Bruce Gordon; 1987 Bill Holland; 1988 Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); 1999 Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB); 2018 Woodrup (Touring) 2016 Ritchey breakaway

Mentioned: 291 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked 3,794 Times in 668 Posts
Married for 39 years, my wife is a casual rider at best.
She currently rides an E-Bike and enjoys short rides occasionally with me but more so with her girl friends.
They have this little 'bike gang' and all the gals have E-bikes that they've named and they like to ride them to the local park to play tennis or pickleball.
Our turnaround at Fairholme C.G. by Matthew Pendergast, on Flickr

Last edited by northbend; 01-26-24 at 12:12 PM.
Likes For northbend:
Old 01-29-24, 01:04 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked 1,939 Times in 1,384 Posts
Ah, photos. Good idea. This is my fave, us on a pass climb, coming back from Leavenworth up 97. We took the Old Blewett Pass road over the top..

and heading out for a group ride on a typical PNW winter day - in graupel. We actually had fun! It didn't stick, too warm.
Old 02-20-24, 04:49 PM
Mmassey338
Old guy on a bike

Bikes: Fuji “mountain” bike, Lynskey GR260 & Firefly Allroad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 18 Posts
My wife and I ride together 6 days a week and she can stay in my draft unless I really push, but she’s good for 20mph if she stays close on fairly flat roads/trails.
I bought her a Time Alpe D’Huez for Christmas and it made a difference
Likes For Mmassey338:
Old 02-20-24, 08:36 PM
JanMM
rebmeM roineS

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro A20, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 226 Posts
Met spouse/stoker in 1978 when we both biked to work at the same hospital in Indiana. I was a nurse and she a laboratory technologist. Married a few months after meeting. Still together and still riding bikes together. Took up tandem riding in 2000. Still doing that but riding single bikes together more last few years - she on e-assist Trek bike and me on recumbent. She told me after our ride today that she had the e-assist off for about half the ride to get a better workout! I did persuade her to become a recumbent tandem stoker in 2010. Most of our tandem riding these days is on tandem club rides or events like Midwest Tandem Rally.

Pic at Midwest Tandem Rally 2023, Fort Wayne Indiana. Route included stop at Sweetwater music gear headquarters, where I bought some guitar strings.

Today on an 18 mile local ride together. Took pictures of cement truck to show young grandson who loves vehicles, trucks and construction equipment especially.

Old 02-21-24, 10:38 AM
Tomm Willians

Bikes: Subject to change at any given moment but currently is...... Colnago Mapei, Colnago C40, Wilier Triestina Carbon, Wilier Triestina Ramato, Follis 472, Peugeot PX60, Razesa, Orbea Terra, Soma Pescadero and 1/2 owner of a Santana tandem.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 782 Times in 264 Posts
We ride together frequently and we also ride a tandem in complete harmony. At one time she had accumulated around 17-18 bikes that were mostly vintage. Colnagos, Pinarellos, DeRosa, she really has an eye for nice bikes.
Much of that collection is gone as she came to the obvious conclusion that she could not ride them all. Now her vintage bikes are limited to a near-new condition 84’(?) Wilier Triestina in the gold chromovelato finish completely original and a reproduction Team Schwinn Wheaties built on a period correct Paramount frame.
As wives and bikes go, I’m living the dream.
Likes For Tomm Willians:
Old 02-21-24, 10:50 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
Boy meets girl. Boy buys bike. Boy gets girl,
50+ years later, they're still riding,
Likes For Doc_Wui: